Pinch to Pee Better?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm curious if there is a thread on this as I did read somewhere here there was, but can't find it. Often times, because of weak stream/lack of bladder pressure, I will pinch my penis to build pressure in order to have a more complete void so, the stream comes out in stronger short spurts. I do this to avoid excess PVR as I find myself evacuating a decent amount without any real bladder urge to pee.

To date, I have had no known UTI's.

Have others done this technique before? I just cannot find anything online about this, so please chime in if you have any information on this, thank you!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

That approach has helped me -- but not when the prostate/urinary apparatus is on "lockdown" (as it is typically at 2 in the morning.) In the daytime at a routine urinal stop, the pinch can accelerate things. My experience fwiw.

• Posted

It used to work well with sex (when my wife,who sadly passed away last year due to cancer, was still young and frisky and aged 28)...

just mentioning it for interest ...give it a try

I found your method to work ok.

Best is to sit and pee....it is most effective.

If Ime in a rush, a second visyt to the toilet may be required

Regards

Mr President

• Posted

ive been doing that for years . works wonders and id have a lot more retention if i didnt .

• Posted

That is a great question and good observation. This is the same as placing a choke plug on an oil well. the flow pressure should increase as the rate is dampened by the choke and I the same time the back side pressure is somewhat increased. We do it all the time in the oil field to increase a weak flow rate. The key is the proper amount of pressure to apply or in the case of oil the proper size choke. Just a little works a lot sometimes.

• Posted

Hi, J12080,

Finally, someone who will understand me when I say, "I got fraced!" Almost 30 years ago, following a minor emergency in the OR (my heart stopped), my anesthetist, kept her cool and got my heart going again, thus saving my life. I was then rushed up to ICU where the next catastrophe occurred (not the hospital's lucky day!). I was fitted with a Foley catheter. The two nurses responsible inflated the retention balloon prematurely and ruptured my prostate. My Doc's notes indicated that there had been some problems, assigned blame to the nurses, for which they apologized, and that was that.

Some twenty years later when I started self cathing I realized that I was the one at fault, my urethra was obviously longer than the norm as the standard 16" straight catheter disappeared down my penis right to the base of the funnel before the tip entered my bladder!

I jumped into my car and high-tailed it to the hospital, only a 15 minute drive away, but I was out of luck and the two women had moved on to other facilities years before. However, the training instructions have been updated to read, ".... insert catheter to the hilt - the 'Y' - before inflating the balloon ....." Was I a contributor to the remediation? I don't know, but it doesn't really matter since it is now part of the widely disseminated literature I sincerely hope that at least one of my nurses, if not both have read the latest literature.

As for myself, as I search for longer catheters I hope that the shoe industry doesn't follow suite - one-size-fits-all, you've got to be patient, Sir, so stop complaining!

If there is anyone out there who wants details on long catheters please contact me and I will be happy to send you the details. All the best, alan86734.

• Posted

How exactly is this done? Is there a link to an article or video or something out on the web? Thanks.

• Posted

In my experience, just grasp the tip...and hold tight until you feel the stronger urge on bearing down. Then let go. Like momentarily kinking a garden hose.

But if you have BPH, not sure this will work. You have to have an acceptable volume/flow to begin with -- in my experience. BPH is like another pinch further down the line that essentially nullifies your pinch from the outside.

• Posted

Hold penis right dominant hand. Use the 2 fingers next to your thumb (palm inwards) to gently grab urethra. To build pressure, pretend as if you are milking a cow. When you feel slight pressure build up, release the 2 fingers. The stream will be strong, but stop quick. Redo the above building pressure again, and same result. Be careful NOT TO ALLOW too much back pressure.. Again, think how a cow is milked.

• Posted

I haven't, but I read an obscure paper that said that procedure was used following urethrotomy in Tanzania to help prevent the strictures from reoccurring. The authoro was CA Mkony .

• Posted

Correct, it's basically the same procedure from what I understand.

• Posted

I thought you were going to say, "A pinch to grow an inch". Oh well, I can dream can't I? LOL

• Posted

Let me explain this a bit better. When I have a weak stream, what I do is pinch off flow mid-penis, then kind of 'milk' the urethra until I feel a bit of back pressure which then passes thru as a brief strong squirt. Rinse, lather, repeat. So, instead of sitting there for a while with a weak stream, I engage this process to get out urine faster with more complete emptying.

• Posted

Hi, Lvscott,

Yes, I practiced this to deal with urinary retention with good results. However, the moment I notified my Doctor's nurse so she could update my records, they got back to me to warn me that nobody had authorized me to do this and kindly discontinue immediately (!!!).

My request for permission to start evaluating urinary catheters met with a similar response because I had four dozen free samples in my possession (Alan, bad boy!!!).

I changed urologist, which increased my total "to/from" drive time to 1 1/2 hours, but I was able to get my CIC going. A few week into this and I set up an appointment for a cystoscopy which had never been done here in the USA. I presented myself a half hour ahead of time, the pre-op paper work was all completed, then surprise. The procedure was canceled based on a very lame excuse. As I left their receptionist told me about a phone call she had just received and passed on to the Doctor (Alan, you are still misbehaving!!!).

By this time I was getting a little gun-shy! However, things began to improve with my discovery of the "Patient" forum and our local university taking over management of our hospital together with some other regional ones. Moral of the story, when choosing health care talk to the nursing staff first of all; they know more than anyone.

Warm regards, alan86734.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.