pinched nerve in right foot

Posted , 2 users are following.

The podiatrist told me Friday that I have a pinched nerve in my right foot.  I need to use compression stockings, elevate the foot and ice.  I admit, I am not consistent in doing this...do it mostly when it really hurts.  I don't usually cry over pain...but this is an exception.  Usually I can work through pain.  I find it very hard to walk or do anything...hate feeling sorry for myself.  What do others do for severe foot pain.  I return to clinic in 3 weeks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Were you diagnosed with a Morton's Neuroma?  If so, I used a metatarsal pad that did help a bit.  When it got really bad I went to an acupuncturist for 6 treatments over 2 weeks and it went away for almost 5 years.  Maybe that would help you

• Posted

There were many xrays taken but all the doctor said so far was he thought it was a pinched nerve and to wear compression stockings and elevate and ice to bring down the swelling.  After writing this I did that and took 3 Ibuprophen and it helped....such a pain I have never had!  I am impressed about the acupuncture.
    • Posted

the acupuncture was incredible.  I was in so much pain before.  I did also use ice and ibuprofen as well.  I also used the metatarsal pad which helped too.  Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks Ann.  I appreciate the info.  I think I will look into it.
  • Posted

Hi Barbara, usually Morton's neuroma is diagnosed by ultrasound, i had mine injected 3 times over 9 months and then ended up having it removed. Best thing i ever did, the pain was gone instantly. I had worn a pad in my shoe as well but that did no good either. Hope your pain resolves soon.

• Posted

I saw the doctor wrote Morton's Neuroma on my chart site.  Can this ever resolve itself on it's own?  This is an awful painful thing!  Has brought me to tears and me with an unusually high tolerance to pain!  How long did it take you to heal from the surgery?  Did you have to wear a special cast?  Oh, I just wanted to say, one of my nieces calls me 'auntieB'.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.