Pinched nerve? Ruptured ovarian cyst?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Four nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night with sudden, excruciating pain in my lower right abdomen, incredibly weak and short of breath, on the verge of vomiting and fainting from pain. It lasted about 20 minutes before the pain completely subsided, but then both of my arms went completely numb for a couple of minutes, feeling came back with that tingling sensation. Remained very weak, short of breath, and limbs were all shaking. The next day I still felt that way and would get feelings of lightheadedness and faintness throughout the day so I went to the doctor the following day. He said he didn't think it was a pinched nerve because the numbness affected both sides of my body, & wanted to check me out for a ruptured ovarian cyst. Blood work, vitals, and oxygen levels were all fine. I had an ultrasound and probe done yesterday, he said that all showed up normal as well. And that was that. He said if I'm still concerned, to go see my gynecologist, but I don't want to rack up the doctor bills.

My problem is that something is still not right. I'm unreasonably exhausted, limbs are all weak & get that tingling sensation randomly, lightheaded, short of breath, and have no answers now as to what just happened this week & why I'm still not back to normal. Anyone have any ideas for me? Appendicitis or anything serious seems to have been ruled out. My diet is good, my normal workout regimen isn't strenuous (haven't worked out since this happened to be safe). Only difference in the last few months is increased stress. I just want to make sure whatever is going on is nothing worth worrying about. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apendicitis start and pain progress it won't subside. My husband had apendicitis and he woke up w abdominal pain and it felt like pin needles poke him in the morning and by the evening he coulndnt walk and I took him to the ER And he had a CT scan and he was swell the appendix he had surgery that night. I hope is nothing serious. Why the doctor didn't order X-rays or ultrasound?

• Posted

If you suspect ovary problem, I suggest have a Tumar Marker CA-125 blood test done. My late wife had a feeling 4-5 months before serious problem was indicated. We went to Gynocologist  the next day as my wife wanted. The Doc said every thing is OK and just get US done. It was got done with no problem. We thought every thing is OK. After 5 months more serious problem showed up. Then CA 125 was done which indicated problem but it was then too late for any remedial action i.e removal of Ovary etc. Hence we suffered. We wish this test could have suggested on our initial visit to the Doc.That is why in such a doubt CA-125 is done before it is too late.
  • Posted

Maybe stress is the problem.  It can cause all sorts of symptoms, particularly abdominal. Worrying will prolong your symptoms. 
  • Posted

Hi kelly75181

I noticed in your discussion you work out regularly...you may have pulled a muscle in your groin area...also you may be experiencing high cortisol levels by exercising regularly. Your adrenals will react to a lot of exercise and give rise to high cortisol which in turn will cause all the symptoms you describe..your next port of call would be to get your adrenals and cortisol levels checked out......best wishes....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.