Pinching heart pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anyone have this pinching heart pain symptoms that only last for just a few minutes? i have been experiencing it on and off atleast 4 time a month

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi,

yes I get that too, I suffer with terrible anxiety and worry its something bad but have had the tests over the years and all came back ok. It can be muscular or anxiety related, but lots of ladies on here going through the menopause have pains all over and around the heart area too, for some reason it seems to be another common symptom.

• Posted

thank you so much ladies for responding . i feel much better now knowing that im not the only one experiencing this and iwish all of us can get through these symptoms stronger and better.

• Edited

Yes, I have this on and off almost every day. It is not very painful, but definitely feels. Sometimes sharp pain, but more often a dull pain in the left side, not so much in the middle of the chest as cardiac issue says.

Because I had a fall a couple of years back hurting my ribs, I am assuming that the pain could be due to that - I have read that costochondritis pain feels the same, plus menopausal / peri-menopausal chest pain also feels similar.

• Edited

thank you so much ladies for responding . i feel much better now knowing that im not the only one experiencing this and iwish all of us can get through these symptoms stronger and better.

• Edited

I have this symptoms too. It involves my left rib. Arm, shoulders and a pinching pain around my heart area. It's scary and I've been to emergency room a few times and doctor did ECG, xray but all normal.

He says it could be gas or indigestion, but I think its a menopause symptoms. Had it last night too. Was scary as I was sleeping and it woke me up.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.