Pinching lower right and middle back pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

It started this afternoon. I tried picking my medium sized (maybe 40lb) dog up, as he needed a bath. When I did, I got and extreme pinching pain in my lower right back. I ran into my bed room screaming and later down. The pain lessened and eventually I stood up and I felt lightheaded. The lightheadedness could be explained by my anxiety. Anyway, the pain had then spread and now it’s juat generally in my entire lower back. But when I stand up or bend I get sharp pains that I can’t exactly pinpoint. Also, I feel like my spine is crooked, like I can feel it and see it in the mirror. But that doesn’t seem at all possible as I wasn’t it an accident. I’m worried now because I tried to google my symptoms and found something called spinal cord trauma. Someone please tell me it’s just a thrown out back or something. Never had pain like this.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When my lower back is in pain I try to stretch it out and lay curled up on your side
  • Posted

I hurt my back a year ago this past February.  I tripped while running.  Although I didn't fall, I wrenched the lower right side while trying to catch my balance.  I recently started physical therapy.  The therapist thinks perhaps my L2 shifted and is out of alignment.  Maybe something similar happened to you.  I suggest you have it evaluated sooner rather than later because the longer if goes untreated, potentially the more it will affect other muscles and joints.  I waited too long.  Now I'm struggling to get back to normal.  Good luck to you.

• Posted

Trevor, sounds like maybe a slipped disc and trapped nerves. I too didn't have an accident but had lots of pains and scans and X-rays revelead my vertabre was out of place and needed emergency surgery. I wouldn't hound the doctors for scans asap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.