Pinching pain after EGD biopsy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone! Today I had a EGD endoscopy and they also took some biopsy samples. It has been a few hours after the procedure and I'm having mild throat pain (which is normal right?) and sometimes pinching pain around the places where they took the biopsy? Is this pain normal? Should I be worried / is this serious?

Thank you!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello. It's ok to feel that on the first day. Try not to eat heavy food that can disturb the stomach too much so please where the biopsy was taken can heal fast completely.

Wait 1-2 days and it should go away.

• Posted

Thank you! I'm having these pains episodically that lasts maximum 1 minute. So theres nothing to be worried about?

• Posted

this is normal! And do not freak about the biopseys as they are always done. Doctors always do this as a precaution...Also it can take upto 2 weeks for the results. I had alot of symptoms and a Barium Swallow showed narrowing at the distal end of the esophagus and nothing more. Dont read Dr. Google as it's never good. lol. what the barium swallow didnt show was I have a sliding Hiatal Hernia and inflammation. All was good except I still get short of breath and pressure.. I learned to live with it. all other symptoms went away.. Good luck and dont freak.. this is all normal!

• Posted

Thank you! I am a medical student and even though I should be stress free because I know what is happening, I am still anxious when minor symptoms arise lol.

• Posted

Also, I'm having slight sternal discomfort, as if there is air trapped inside. This might also be due to the scope. Is this also normal?

• Posted

I had the same thing but when I stopped eating wheat and added stonyfield yogurt and eat celery I go normal and I can breath again and my swallowing is easier.

• Posted

The sternum pressure is normal! Give it a few more days! For peace of mind you could call the doctors office and just run it past the PA.. After your results come back all symptoms will disappear. Just remember Anxiety makes this all worst! Eat soft food for a few days!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.