Pinky really sore

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi my little pinky middle joint is enlarged and my finger is starting to point outwards. The pain is terrible .

Anyone any tips for getting rid of the pain. I've also got it in both knees. I'm 39 yrs old what will I be like when I'm

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katrina!

A good place to start is getting your primary care physician to refer you to a Rheumotologist. The Rheumotologist will take quite a few vials of blood for testing. Why this is important is the blood tests are specific for various types of arthritis. Results will help eliminate certain types and will offer good guidelines that will provide specific TREATMENTS. There are different medications for the many types of arthritis.

My testing, for example, ruled out a number of types of arthritis, leading me to my orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed Osteoarthritis that was confirmed by x-rays. I had both knees replaced four months apart, and I no longer have knee pain.

It was good to get the correct diagnosis.

It was even better having my problems SOLVED!

Your symptoms sound a lot like my mother-in-law's. She was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Specific blood testing at a Rheumotologist's office will provide you with answers.

I hope that you get your answers soon.

• Posted

I wish my problems could be solved!  I have PMR, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Tendonitis and Gout.  I have pains all over my body.  I have been under a Rheumatologist for years but he isn't able to help.  Can't have an operation - where would they start?

The joys of getting old!😏  The rheumies give up on you after a while - roughly " what can you expect at your age?"   This is NOT how I expected to 'enjoy' my later life!😡

• Posted

Surgery if Athritis is that bad , cortisone injections only last for a couple of months and really the pain will come backward
  • Posted

After cortisone injections which give temporary relief, voltarol and latterly capsicum cream, 2 finger joints replaced and pain free 😃

• Posted

Hi Katrina27139

I have exactly the same as you on my right hand my little finger is really pointing outwards now and is so painful and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the hand.

I am 50 and like you wonder what it will be like in a few years time.

I use a gel called Flexiseq Gel it does help - I also go to Physio and have a Paraffin Wax treatment which really helps.

• Posted

Hi Michelle38237 I'm attending phsio for my knees. Do you find the physio helps. Did they say if it would ever go back to normal ? Dread to think if it was to get worse. Thank you for your reply I will give pyhio a go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.