pins and needles

Posted , 2 users are following.

for the last four weeks I have been having increasing numbness/ pins and needles in my hands and fingers. Now progressing to feet, arms and face. Is this anything to do with Raynauds or have I trapped a nerve in my neck or back? It feels like my finger tips have been burned and insects walking on my arms.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello jenny. I get numbness, pins and needles in my fingers as well. They also change colour by going white. The rest of my hands have a blueish tinge. I know this is Raynaud's but have not had it confirmed by my GP yet. Also suffer from chilblains. The numbness never tracks down my as s and in to my face and that's not typical of Raynaud's. Sounds more likely to be due to that awful trapped nerve.
    • Posted

Yes, I think so too. I went for a swim in the sea and did breaststroke and think I strained my neck back to avoid the salt in my eyes. That night I thought I had ants in bed with me so will get an appointment at the surgery if I can tomorrow!Have you had your Raynaud's confirmed ? I have been in hospital for five years running to have an infusion to open up my veins and wondered if it could be that!

Jenny

• Posted

It's so easy to strain your neck. It's a real pain. My GP prescribed Amitriptyline on a night for my neck problems and it helps. Re my Raynaud's it hasn't been diagnosed by a doctor but I know that's what it is. My daughter has had it diagnosed and since I suffer with chilblains every winter (this year they continued until May)! I know that's the problem. Next time I see my GP I'll be discussing it with her.
    • Posted

Not sure whether to see doctor or cranial osteopath as am also having to go to the dentist a lot, in fact every three or four days earlier on. That puts terrific strain on my neck as the distance between head and shoulder rests is too long for me despite using a cushion.Cranial oseopathy is brilliant, but alas, pricey.

Re your raynauds, be careful about your finger tips, it may be schogren's(?spelling). I had all but one of the pointers for that and should be checked again, but last time I was in hospital for an infusion I never got a discharge letter or follow up appontment so have slipped off the screen. As my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's I reckoned I had enough to contend with! 

Jenny

• Posted

Oh jenny you have so much on your plate. Sorry to hear about your husband. Thanks for the advice re schogrens (?). Illy look into that. You're right about cranial osteopaths being expensive. Shame it's not on the NHS!

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.