Pins and Needles

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anybody get pins and needles and twitching legs. Ive been getting pin and needles which quite bad of a night, My sjogrens consultant and told me to up my plaquenil to 400mg a day instead of 200gm all my bloods are within the normal range apart from slightly raised ESR but normal for me im worried sick it may be MS

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sorry, I meant to say My SS misbehaved in  Dec 2016 which I ignored until June 2017 and then went back on pla 400.
    • Posted

I could go through lots more tests but im going to leave well alone for now to be honest there is no cure for these autoimmune and if any flare they give you steroids. I will see how the extra 200 plaq goes and just take one day at a time.
    • Posted

Quite right Christine. I think we all have to make our own choices as to whether or not to have a lip biopsy. It works out for some, and not for others.

I also realise that for some posters a positive result would enable them to get insurance cover for their treatment. In fact, I suspect that would be the case for me as well, though I've never investigated it. I've never had any general treatment for the condition, just for the different symptoms - e.g. levothyroxine for my underactive thyroid, a steroid inhaler for lung inflammation, both of which are covered by my insurance, plus a variety of OTC drops and gels for my dry eyes.

I was offered a lip biopsy 13 years ago, but declined for all the usual reasons - not least the fact that my mouth wasn't at all dry at that point, so I suspected it would come out negative. So far I haven't regretted it, and of course there's always the possibility it could be done at a later stage if necessary.

I hope you continue to do well on your current treatment regime.

• Posted

too true Christine and no 2 Drs seem to agree as far as the 2 rheums I have seen, go. One said if no symptoms for 1 year then I could reduce to 200mg to once daily for another year and if still no return of symptoms then I could stop the plaq. The next rheum said ..."NO such things as flares, you have an auto immune problem which needs to be managed"

• Posted

Pins and Needles I feel now in whole body. My feet turn purple when I come out of pool or bathtub the are scary.  The Dr said of you must have neuropathy. The twitching is really bad the past couple of days. How long does it last?  The pins and needles have been for about a yr I am waiting for them to stop. The Dr increased my Lyrics. How long have you have your Pins and needles and twitching. Has it happened before?       
    • Posted

Ive only them for just over a week not as bad now but legs keep twitching mainly when im tired I seem to remember being like this when I was first diagnosed and when I was on steroids it all settled down. I have started the 400mg plaq and hope that helps otherwise I will ask again if I can go back on steroids for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.