pins and needles and itching

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone suffer from itchy back and for the last 3 weeks I've started to get pins and needles and numbness in my left arm and hand night and day ive spoken to dr and he said not to worry but i am worried it's getting to where im dropping things all the time because I can't hold or feel items which with my back problems isn't funny I feel like my left side is shutting down. I have 3 bulging disks in my spine is this my fibro or spinal feel like crying as im writing this any ideas please

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes Linda, I have had these symptoms. The itching in the back, so hard to reach and numbness in my arms and hands. If you are very worried, go to another doctor and get a second opinion. Girl, there can be up to 70 or more symptoms that go along with Fibromyalgia. It sounds to me that your neck may be out. You already have some back issues. Have you ever seen an Osteopath or Remedial Massage therapist? Don't stress about this Linda. I am sure it is not serious. You have probably been under some stress of late. That can tense up the muscles and cause all kinds of pain and numbness. Just go and get it checked out by another doctor. It will put your mind at ease. But also consider going for some therapeutic massage to lessen the tension in your neck and back. You will be fine. 
    • Posted

Thankyou for the advice but I see a chiropractor every 2 weeks and have had a full body massage thursday just gone. These symptoms are new to me on top of the existing ones. You have put my mind at ease I thought I was heading for a stroke or something xx
  • Posted

Was it worse after the chiropractor?  Sometimes, as good as they are they may aggrivate something. Maybe a nerve pinching in the shoulder or neck or even the massage might have been too deep this time in a spot or two.  If it is getting worse, a second opinion may be called for. So hard to know what causes what!  I can't remember all the self tests for a stroke, but one is to smile and see if one side of your mouth droops a litle.  Saying a tongue twister, You will have to google the rest.  I have no memory!!  smile  Have you tried acupuncture? 
    • Posted

Thanks debbie it eased it a bit when I had chiro and massage took it away for a a couple of hours then it came back its awful to not trust yourself when touching things as I usually end up dropping things just hate this pins and needles feeling and the itchy back is driving me mad ive got a back scrather but I can't take it to work and use it there they think I'm mad enough now as the people I work with don't understand or believe in fibro or M E
    • Posted

I have been doing a little reading on a site called verywell.  They say it could be caused by narcartic pain killers, nerve damage, or even food allergies.  It tells of medication that can calm the nerve endings, and mentions yoga and accupuncture.  Might be worth your time looking at the site.  If I put the address down, this site  won't send this message to you, but if you put the three w's and the dot before verywell it should work! smile The title was extreme itch in fibromyalgia and cronic fatique syndrome.  I have Norton virus protection and they said the site was safe.  They said tylenol was good for nerve pain. 
  • Posted

Hi Linda; it would depend on which discs are bulging?  if low in back, then I would say, Yep to Fibro.......if in Thoracic/Neck region I think I would be Making Sure the tingling/numbness is not related to discs..............it would also depend though on when ALL started????...if the numbnes started after an Incident?  or Just comes and goes and has been there for awhile...

​We all do have the Itchiness (and when mine starts to get to me I take a light anti-histamine).......with the tingling/numbness, I wear tubigrip/TED stockings.....mine gets worse when I lie down for more than half an hour.....good luck, as I know there are so many things that we have to put up with...............at present my TMJ started with a Vengence, again, on Saturday night.....................Bron

• Posted

Thank you for replying the discs that are bulging are in lower back L4 and 5 and the mri showed another one been 3years since I fell getting worse not better itchy back on and off for the last year pins and needles for last 4 months seems to be getting worse pain clinic and doctor won't even investigate but the last week has been hell I just keep dropping things because I can't feel them in my hand it's horrible
  • Posted

I've recently had to buy a back scratcher, the itch goes down and up my back , legs and I get pins and needles, I put it all down to fibromyalgia .

i wouldn't worry too much if you can  best wishes

• Posted

Thank you for your reply it's funny I wouldn't wish this on anyone but it's such a relief that im not the only one
  • Posted

Hello Linda I've just read your message,I have Fybromyalgia too. Have been diagnosed 2yrs now also have osteoarthritis and thyroid disease,just to reassure you I am always dropping things I get pins and needles,spasms and. Cramps in my hands and feet,I have pain in my knees also in my pelvis and dizziness and swelling in my ankles and knees when I walk and I get a rash which looks like blood spots on my body so no ur not on your own just to reassure you I also need a walking stick for balance hope this helps 
  • Posted

I am the same and I get itchy eyes and ears and arm's and legs I also suffer from pins and needles and numbness in both my arms and hands sometimes I get it in my legs it gets to the point where I just sit and cry last night I managed to go straight to sleep but by midnight I was awake my whole right side was numb so I ended up and I took some of my pain killers by the time I went back to bed it was 4o'clock this morning and then I was up again at5:00 am with my partner and I am still up
    • Posted

His Shirley you have got it worse than me and it drives me insane I totally understand what you are going through I'm guessing your doctors haven't given you anything for it either my doctor just said it would settle but it hasn't I feel for you I really do it's exhausting having this illness as there are so many symptoms and no cure it would help if we were taken seriously get in touch if anyone finds a way to help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.