Pins and needles/burning on hands and feet

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had burning/pins and needles about 5 years ago for 2 weeks. At the time, I did a blood test and CT scan and nothing abnormal showed up - it all disappeared. Now again - for the past 4 days - I've had pins and needles/burning on my hands, moving to my feet. The doctor did an ECG to rule out a heart issue (negative), and ordered blood tests again as well as a CT scan. He wasnt really worried about a neuro disorder as I only have pins and needles. Could it really all be stress yet again??

PS. I am on 25mg amitryptiline for sleep/anxiety (apparently this drug can cause pins and needles?) I should also add that the pins and needles leave when I've fallen asleep and woken up in the middle of the night/morning - doesnt that point to anxiety too?

0 likes, 2 replies

Report / Delete

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up