Pins and Needles/Numb Hands & Fingers

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had the most stressful day today and that led to the worst panic attack I can remember in ages. Shaking, trembling and the creepiest thing--my hands went numb and then started to tingle.  Has this ever happened to you??  I was at a big disadvantage too as my Klonapin Rx refill has been goofed up for 3 days now!  I am completely out and I really needed one.  I use them only when an attack is bad, so I'm not addicted to them, but right now I am under extreme stress from having to do long-distance care-giving for my Mom and I am wired and cannot sleep well as I try to resolve a major problem with her situation.  I cannot let her down, but it is taking everything out of me.  So, therefore, when this hand thing happened I freaked out and got worse. I have calmed now, but my hands are again tingling and I'm in "I think I'm dying" mode.  Can anyone tell me that this isn't anything more than a usual reaction to stress?  PLEASE!

Debra

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You are not dying. It’s due to the adrenaline. Totally normal side effect of the panic attack. Nothing to worry about other than it’s very uncomfortable. It will pass soon enough. Try and do some relaxation breathing. Do you have the “Calm” app? It helps me a lot. 
  • Posted

Oh my it's so irritating. I get it in my arms, lefgs, toes, hands. For a 2 week block once I got pins and needles in the right half of my face, right jaw, ear, neck and head. Just the right! It's mad was anxiety can do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.