pins and needles on hands after taking blood

Posted , 2 users are following.

ok this particular reason is the the reason for me to register here open up a discussion. I've already searched and read about what other have experienced but in my case its quite different.

so after having high fever nurses took blood off of my both hands because they told me to its hard find a vein in my hands so they punched 3 places. left inside elbow, top of my left hand and right hand.

and today my hands were feeling pins and needles to the elbow of my both arms. i rushed to the same hospital the doctor told me i dont have to worry about as long as i'm having pins and needles symmetrically on both hands also i still have fever he told the fever can cause it too.

should i believe him? should i not worry?

he told me contact a neurologist if this persists for days or week.

i'm pretty scared to be honest.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you're asking for a second opinion. The people who comment on here are not doctors so all we can give is our opinions based on our own personal experience. if you aren't confident in what the doctor said I recommend you see another doctor..

• Posted

thank you @amkoffee. i will write my experience i had with it just in case someone else might come across with a similar problem and might find this useful.

today i consulted another doctor who was much more qualified than the previous one. he told me not to worry about it as i'm no longer feeling pins and needles, no swollen hands or any kind of pain etc; my hands are fine. which is good news.

i think the nurse did somewhat injured my veins, but wasn't serious. i guess. so yeah its always better to ask consult your doctor just to be on safe side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.