Pins and needls

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Was wondering if anyone else was suffering from pins and needles, I tend to get them in in my hands and feet all the time at the mo

Just wanted some advice how to cope because the driving me nuts lol

Thanx in advance

Clare

#chiarisucks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I still get them even after decompression. Have you had decompression?
    • Posted

Hi Yeltzer, how are you?, unbelieaveable that you are still have CM symptom, how bad?
    • Posted

Not to bad. I had a copy of a letter from Mr. Flint, best Neurosurgeon in country, who stated that roughly 20% of his patients report they still have some symptoms after decompression and cauterisation. I don't know about decompresstion only. It might be that with cauterisation the brain is accually acted upon thus affecting symptoms. Although reading through the comments on CM it appears that some American CM suffers do require more than one operation, not so in UK?

• Posted

Are talking about tingling in your extremities? I used to had that with my Chiari headaches along with vomiting. Never on its own though.
  • Posted

Did you have decompression yet, if not..I was suffering worse than you, but after decompression I have my life back
  • Posted

Heheheh they drive you nuts don't they? Sorry found nothing to help (when I was on amitriptyline, the pins and needles stopped but now that I'm off them, they're back with a vengeance). I usually rub them against a hard edge for some temporary relief 😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.