Pinworms(?)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay... so, literally out of the blue one day but bum started itching so (jokingly) thought to myself “man, I feel like a dog with worms”. Then I googled it and lo-and-behold, that’s a freaking thing for people too!! So I did the whole feces check, “butt-check” and found a worm, at least I think it was a worm. There were 2 in my stools but they weren’t moving, that’s for sure. So obviously I geeked out and went to my pharmacy and picked up some medicine and took it (two days ago) and also got some MSM because I read that helps. So, nothing for two days. No dead worms on me or in my stools. The itching was gone but obviously every little itch or feeling at all and I panic and think WORMS!! Then this morning I take a shower, and again, nothing. So again this evening I take another shower and there were lots of little tiny white flecks, which I’m assuming are worms because one of them certainly was and I know the eggs are microscopic. Again, it was pretty shriveled and dead looking.. also not moving. What I’m wondering is if this is normal after treatment? I would assume the dead worms don’t just stay inside of you, so it makes sense for them to exit the body in one way or another...

I’m a very clean person so I’m pretty confused by this whole thing.. I wash my hands incessantly but lately have been doing it non-stop, washing all of the towels and linens in hot water daily, “quarantining” any dirty clothing until it goes into the machine, wiping the floors, toilets, tubs, etc. All I know is that this is gross. 

So moral of the story, never seen a live one on me or in my stools, but seen 3 dead ones in my stools, and one dead one on me.. I took the first dose of Reese’s and have the second one ready for next week. Take MSM supplements, wash my hands constantly, etc. I just want to know if seeing what I can only explain to be dead pieces of worms is normal?

This is gross. Thanks for any information! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, 

I got pinworms a few years back.  I was living in an Eco-village where there was a lot of communal cooking going on and obviously someone else had them... 

I tried a lot of things to get rid of them.  I had varying degrees of success with medication, but it did not solve the problem.  What finally cracked it was using petroleum jelly downstairs! 

On advice, I did this night and day for about three months.  I applied it every time I woke up, after showering, going to the loo and going to bed.  I also applied it every time there was an itch (just for total confidence).  It worked a treat.  I probably didn't need to use it for so long, but I just wanted rid of them and didn't want a re-infestation... 

• Posted

Thanks for answering! And hey, I don’t care how ridiculous it may sound it may be, I have nothing against using petroleum jelly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.