pinworms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, I am 16, and I think I have threadworms. My anus is really ichy around the nightime and somtimes during the day, that is the only symptom I am having, but I am scared to tell my mom or the doctor because I am too embarrsed. What should I do? How do I get rid of them? PLEASE HELP. I think that I got them from school, but I don't know. sad Someone PLEASE HELP ME! I WANT THIS TO BE OVER!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go tothe internet put in your symptoms and you will come up with what you have, I may be wrong but it sounds like pin worms. A lot of kids get them, pleasetell your mom and have her take you to the doctor immediately, they are highly contagious and mom will be scratching soon enough so this is something you have to tell, there are good meds out there to treat this.
    • Posted

Do you know how long it will take to get rid of them once I am on the medicine?
    • Posted

I had one more question, could this be complety in my head? I just feel like the symtoms started after I read an article about pin worms? Is it possible that I am so anxious about getting them that my head is making me think that I have them?
  • Posted

Please go on the internet and find the symptoms than you will know for sure, I'm no doctor and have been trying to find out for 5 years what I have. Also most imporant tell your parents immediately the longer you wait if you do have them, the more people you will infect. I remember reading they come out at night, and if you hold a flashlight to the area u will see them. As far as if it's all in your head, listen to your body, see the symptoms, and u have to be the judge if this is real or imagined, I know mine are real.
  • Posted

I feel sorry for you hope youve told your mom you really need to. itll only get worse if you dont take some meds

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.