PIP 2 Form Advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have sent my pip 2 form off as my condition has worsened. I have autism spectrum disorder, sensory processing disorder, severe anxiety, depression, low mood disorder, paranoia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. How long should I expect to wait for the result? The last time they did a paper based decision in early 2016. I was given standard care with 11 points on the paper decision and then I sent in more evidence for a mandatory reconsideration and I got 13 points for care. I know believe I could qualify for mobility and as I like to be honest with the DWP, I told them my condition had worsened. Thank You.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

There's no timescales to this but as you've reported a worsening of condition then expect a face 2 face assessment this time. It's a huge risk reporting changes. Are you claiming the mobility part for mental health (following and planning a journey) or for physical health? (moving around)

You do risk losing everything you already have. Did you send in evidence to prove your condition has got worse? PIP isn't award based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily.

If you do have to have an assessment this time then you should answer all those questions with as much detail as possible. Avoid answering with just a yes or no. Good luck.

• Posted

Bear in mind that they look at the whole award again and not just the mobility part.
  • Posted

Hi Angela can I ask what you have asked them to reassess you on that you think will entitle you to mobility or what you have been diagnosed with that's different to your last assessment in 2016

• Posted

Denise and Alexandria, I have sent evidence in from my GP, OT, partner, Chronic Fatigue clinic and my friend as well as a diary I wrote of my daily activities. Each of these pieces of evidence show evidence of my care and mobility needs. I am claiming for my mental health for the care rate and for both physical and mental for the mobility due to my chronic fatigue syndrome. What is different this time is that my mental health has worsened and I know have evidence of a sensory processing disorder and chronic fatigue syndrome which are new conditions that affect me very much.
    • Posted

Being award points in both following and planning a journey part since the PIP descriptors changed last year is now extremely difficult. As is being awarded those points for mental health. Evidence of a diagnosis isn't the greatest form of evidence because PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis. As you already had Enhanced daily living then i think you're taking a huge risk reporting changes before your review.

I do of course wish you good luck.

• Posted

I also wish you luck as I think you we're extremely lucky to be awarded PIP without a F2F the last time, it seems that even some people with severe physical disabilities are losing their PIP Mobility part because the discipturs are being enforced more stringently

• Posted

Believe it or not only 47% of those who report changes and have reviews have a decision in their favour.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.