pip

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have worked all my life apart from 2 yrs undergowing surgery and re,hab now i am having my leg amputated due to another sccident ,still working full time i applyd for pip and had an assesment doen and i have been awarded only the lower rate of the mobility 20 pounds a week what a joke i cant walk at the moment unaided and only short distances the annoying part is the tosser who lives at the end of my street has a couple of toes missing and hasnt worked for the last 20yrs gets full pip and mobility ect after seeing him run past my window the other day chasing his dog i calld and reported him but i bet nothing is done . im not sure how dibilitating having a leg removed is (above the knee) you must need to be completely imobile to get the full award or a good liar it seems ,,, i supose the fact im on 36k per yr didnt help but should not make any differance ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

I must say that is a typical story at the moment, you get the lower rate not because you work, but because you are applying now for PIP. At the moment the DWP is denying most claims for DLA or PIP, and even ESA, the reason is because they have a backlog of over 1 million claims!! So, they either use one of these two options:

1. Deny FULL PIP to the Claiment hoping he/she will not appeal

or

2. Grant you a partial payment as in a Low Rate, just to shut you up, and hope you will not appeal.

Many people are being rejected, especially now with the DWP on a switch-over.

The best thing to do is Appeal, even though they do not want you to, a person that has a disabilty or disorder and is legit should be paid accordingly.

I am on the High Rate Mobility Component - and yes, I'm in a wheelchair with a rare nerve disorder. My mobility is very bad, I got stuck even trying to get out of bed this morning. I was given a new hospital bed last week, I can 30 minutes or more just to turn over in bed, I phoned the District Nurses this morning to see if they could arrange 2 bars on each side that I can hold on to. My back was spasming and I got myself in an awkward way on the bed. Believe me, what people find easy I find very difficult. I certainly could not run after our dog, that is mad, and being paid to run!! That just makes it worse for the likes of the real sick and disabled people in the country, and good on you for reporting them.

Make sure you appeal, if you want help on appeal I can give you details on how to that and a 95% chance of getting the High Rate Mobility Rate.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

hello les

im sorry to hear of your condition . the annoying thing is the nhs and our welfare system is amazing and the envy of many countrys throught the world and rightly so . i have no greavance with anyone claiming what they are entiteled to . and some may say me being at work i shouldnt claim but i pay in the reagion of nearly £1000 a month in tax and national insurance and continue to do so . when i had my own company my tax bill and national insurance for me and the guys working for me was huge . even when i went bankrup 5 yrs ago i didnt claim i managed to keep working although i did spend my entire savings trying to keep going . then to see people blatantly milking the system makes my blood boil . i wont bother appealing untill i have had my leg amputated and my circumstances change .

i hope you get sorted out and in a better position soon

• Posted

Hi Dave,

I know many people that milk the system.... I see a woman who is on DLA Mobility and Care on high rates, yet she walks her dog, pushes her daughters buggy!!! When my wife asked her how she was on Mobility High Rate she said "Oh, it's because I cannot carry my shopping back from the shops, they are too heavy!!" - and that let's her have a vehicle on Motability, it does make people sick, I agree.

Once you have your operation, sad though leg amputation can't be an easy thing to playing on your mind.

Dave, I suffer from very complex disorders, my wife is my carer 24/7 - I'm on over 30+ tablets a day, 6 BoTox injections every 10 weeks, doctors and consultants regularly. I had an accident when I was 22 years old, and it has become progressively worse, there is an option of DBS, but the chance of success was only 5%.

While I was writing to you I had a phone call saying they would be delivering half bed rails tomorrow and fitting them - they will be a godsend for me. One my back locks up I cannot do much, I called my wife this morning, she came in the bedroom and said how did you manage to get youself in to that position, it looks painful and awkward.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

glad to hear your getting what you need

and yes its very annoying to see people getting payments there not realy entiteled to but thats life i supose

regarding my op as mad as it sounds i am looking forward to it . 3 months after my accident i was informed it wont get any better and imade the decision instantly and told the surgeon to remove it . ive spent the past 10 months trying to find a surgeon willing to undertake it for me as it is not without its complications . finaly meeting a consultant and having him say he was willing to perform it for me i wa so relieved i was very nearly in tears , being like this is dibilitating and very frustrating if it takes the removal of a limb for me to walk properly then lets get on and get living i say ! that said no doubt my ass will be twitching when i get on the table lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.