pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

i recently put in for pip went for my face to face with atos ! i have suferd with severe arthritas since i was 14 sent letters from my doctor evidence of phisio evidence of my intcontinance and not being able to walk to far as my knees swell and my left leg gives way they sent me a decision 0 points said i could do everythink for my self i cant even peel a potatoe i try to hoover and have to sit with back pain any advice on what i shud do they dont live with me they dont no the pain i go through i am on morphine tramadol and 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi May, you have to appeal this decision and fight this until the end. I haven't been sent my PIP forms yet, but I remember when I applied for DLA I was turned down at every stage until it went to a panel. I was awarded high rate for care and mobility.

keep a dairy of the things you do each day, what you needed help with and any adaptations/gadgets you use. 

I suggest you get in touch with your social worker if you have one or citizens advice, either can. Help you through the process. 

Good luck, hugs xx

• Posted

Lisa it took my hubby three years to get the DLA because of our very poor backup from our gp at the time, like you three appeals and three yrears alter finaly got it. Problem is that ATOS dont take into account the things that the tribanals did so its near enough impossible to get this PIP now. Its replacing DLA, in the end we will all face losing it unless of course your born in 1948 or before in which case they leave you alone, my hubby was born in 1949! so will be targeted.They seem more interested in mind problems and phobias than pysicical disabilities and pain. All very unfair, very cruel and inhumane if you ask me.

Sue x

• Posted

Hi Susan, 

i agree, it's an incredibly difficult and biased system. My daughter has just posted her form off, she has a rare condition whereby her body doesn't produce enough blood to keep a normal blood pressure. This causes all sorts of problems that can affect her heart and her circulatory system. Unbelievably I discovered that they will put more emphasis on her fears of going out in case she collapses and shes robbed or even has people staring at her when she wakes up. People have been known to treat her like a drunk uni student, the truth being she doesn't drink and had to leave her 1st year due to ill health. If she doesn't get awarded pip then the chances are she won't be able to continue on her new course either as she won't be able to afford the help she needs. I believe that pain in itself is no longer acknowledged by pip which will, if true, completely leave people in isolation. 

Life is difficult enough without making us beg and jump hoops like some kind of circus animal. Even circus animals have rights so why can't we have the rights to a decent life? 

Wow I'm not sure where that rant came from 😳 

i do worry about when it's my turn to claim, despite being diagnosed with a number of new conditions since being awarded DLA most have just increased my pain levels and limited my mobility. If I lost my motorbility car I would be completely housebound. 

I would say to anyone who is turned down to appeal, appeal, appeal.

I sincerely wish you the best when it's your turn to apply. 

Good luck xx

• Posted

Lisa you say your not sure where that rant come from, it came from the heart thats where, Im not sure where it will leave us as there are two catergorys, one for people who are still the working age, and that includes a 60 yr. old woman and a 66 i think it is now man. At least we are both retired so we wont be harrased to find a job and lose our benefits, we will just lose our DLA   and end of, its up to us of course if we choose to apply for PIP, dont think i fancy begging to the  likes of them. They got our son to sit in a chair, lift up his arms lift up his legs and that was it. He cant work, apart from his own disabilities as ive mentioned  he has a partner daughter and son with theirs too, what luck a! He could become his partners carer but guess what cant do that cos they havnt put a name to what she has. i personally feel its fyrobmylagia she has. Turned down my grand daughter cos she is trying to help herself and work, you cant win can you, she now has had to stop work, just to bad with her losing her eyesight and losing the ability in her hand too and her legs.  Lisa so many are losing their mobilty cars, its outrageous, hope your one of the lucky ones

Good luck to you too. xx

• Posted

Hi Susan, good luck to you and your family too. I thought my family had a tough combination of things but your family really seams to be going through it also. 

We are all of working age and my husband had to give up work 5yrs ago as he was caring for my daughter, his daughter(he was going to be a live kidney donor for her), his sister, his mum and me. Now he only has me but I keep him pretty busy and all of that got him was heart failure and a recently fitted pacemaker. At 60 they still say he's fit to find work despite also being my full time carer. 

What kind of world is it that we work until our bodies say absolutely not, as much as the mind is willing, and then were insulted by a system designed it seems to Make us feel like fraudsters? 

I know you say all you have to lose is your DLA but that makes a substantial difference and you've already proven your lack of capacity to work. 

Thanks for your words of support and I hope all goes well for your family. 

Take care Lisa xx

• Posted

Hi Lisa your right if we both lose our DLA this will make a  substantial  difference, i just dont think its worth me even trying to get the PIP, you see i have M.E. theres is no medication for this and im afraid without any they wont give me any points.  As for your hubby being your full time carer, i didn't think they could make a carer go to work?  Check this out. our other son is a carer for his partners 18 yr. old disabled boy, he is brain damaged, wears nappys still, he also has a six year old son from his previous relationship living with him.usualy once a child gets to school age they make the parent go on job seekers allowence, they arnt doing this with our son. So they shouldnt be hounding your husband either.  The ones the government should be after are those who fake illnesses , get everything paid and then go to work as well. As always they go OTP and pick on genuine cases.

Take care Sue xx

• Posted

Hi Susan,  

i didn't think it was right that they were pushing him to work, so I phoned them up and explained our situation. Initially I was told that fibromyalgia isn't really considered a condition that requires full time care, so I told them about my other health conditions all of which affect my mobility. The woman I spoke to asked whether my husband would consider part time work then. Again I explain this wouldn't be possible given our situation, to which she answered if I got in a part time carer and paid for it out of my DLA then my husband might enjoy going out to work for a few hours. 

Pat this juncture I politely suggested she should implement those measures for us whilst I inform my local mp and newspaper. Thankfully my mp was very obliging when he received a call from me that afternoon and I had a phone call full of apologises the following day from work and pensions. 

The following week we received a letter asking if he wished to join the back to work job club although this not compulsory. Unbelievable!!! 

Lets hope that's not a sign of things to come. I find it extraordinary the things people are fighting on many levels every single day. 

it may still be worth you applying for PIP as you can be awarded it just on info from your GP or other health care professionals such as a social worker. The worst that can happen is they say no and at least you gave it a shot. I have known some who were declined but appealed and won, so it's not all doom and gloom. 

Take care xx

• Posted

May this is very unjust and unfair but sadly doesnt shock me as my own grand daughter who has the progressive type of M.S. also scored no points, My son who has back problems, has scan reports, doctors reports, ect. scored some points but not enough to pass, so again back to appeals. He has this problem plus his daughter with M.S. plus his partner who has severe attacks of migraines, plus im sure Fibromalagia too, and autistic teenage son. The points he did aquire wernt based on his back problem but answers to other questions. These people seemed more interested in the fact he had some phobias, not at all bothered about his split and produding discs which make it impossible for him on some days just to stand upright, let alone work.  As you say they dont know the pain you go through, dont care and they are the most un sympathetic bunch of human beings ive heard of. How our government can allow these horrid people goes beyond belief, but then of course we must remember its them who employed them in the first place.! Pm me and ill send you some links for a natural pain relief that works, my hubby has arthiritis to. Wont be long before we lose our DLA, both of us with no hope in getting PIP i know.

​Sue x

• Posted

When I applied for PIP I didn't have any trouble. I was awarded the care side and the mobility. I think it depends who you see on the day. When I applied for ESA three years ago after my medical team insisted I gave up work I was refused. I put in an appeal and won. You really should appeal if you already haven't. A friend of mine was refused ESA but got PIP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.