pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on high rate DLA but things has changed for the worse.......so had to go through it from start with the new PIP..........i took my carer with me as i was in some state with worry,stress, tired, and was very weary.......any i got through it all.......but he done a memory test also got me to sing legs,arms,and many more......on which i think i afailed all......has anybody else had this? and if so what was your outcome? i have many things wrong with me and on alot of medication including

control drugs.....i know am not alone but its bad the way we are treated

we have enough to worry about never mind going through this,

one last thing how long after your assessment do you wait to find out

the result

Myra x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm in a different country and I am also applying for our state benefits...SO, SO stressful.

My typical wait is 6 months....I started in March ....its now Sept...so I'm a nervous wreck as well.  Your not alone.

• Posted

Hi,

As i said am on high rate DLA at the moment,but things have changed for the worse........so i phoned DLA in Aug and they told me i had to apply for PIP........they sent me new paper work to fill out.......and i had my assessment yesterday......so that was quick....just waiting now for the outcome which i think is the hardest,so hope you hear soon Missy2

Regards

Myra22x 

• Posted

I feel for you. I too am on DLA (High Mobility/MiddleCare). Since the last DLA review (2011) I have also gone down hill.I had the memory test with a diagnosis of early onset Dementia plus spinal damage has got worse (saw the consulttant two weeks ago - was surprised that I am not in a wheelchair).

Additionally after 20 years they have got to the bottom of why my personality changed - discharged myself from hospital after being admitted for a head injury - disagnosis - frontal lobe damage.

I have no intention of telling the DWP of these changes as it is quite clear from the descriptors and my lack of ability to complete the application form properly (CPN did my DLA one years ago) that I will get no PIP award whatsoever. I'll keep what I am getting from DLA until the bitter end!!

• Posted

Thats a sad story i have read.......and like you i wish i never started a new claim.....as am on the high rate DLA......but thought i would claim mobility.......but sometimes it does not pay you for being honest,

you take care 

Myra

• Posted

Thanks.

I'm getting too old & too tired for anymore fights with the DWP.

I have resigned myself to not having any disability based benefit when I get the call up from PIP. In a way it is a good thing, as we all know that PIP will be reassessed and reassessed at regular intervals (with a fixed term award it is now being reassessed 12 months before the date the award should run out). I don't want or need years of that.

The way things are going you are to be reassessed until the day you die!

• Posted

Hi Myra

Sorry to hear about your PIP experience but unfortunatley that is the way things are done these days.

Obviously I or anyone else cannot second guess the outcome of your claim but remember that you can appeal if the decision goes against you and there are organisations who are happy to help e.g. Citizens Advice.

From what I have come accross you should get your decision within about 6 weeks. So let us know how you got on.

• Posted

Thanks Anthony......i will let you know how i get on.......they make you feel as if everything is going well...but heard so many getting let down....i will appeal i fail this cause at 53yrs of age and on a lot of medication including control drugs i would give anything to have a healthy life.....so i will keep you posted,

take care

Myrax

• Posted

Hi anthony.....got my result in and was awarded high rate DLA which i was already on, and low rate for mobility which i never had before.......but i was upset with the decision makers outcome......he said a lot of things that was untrue.....so i have appealed against it....but going through the paperwork

i feel there only guessing and feel cheated as you say one thing and they say another.......i was sitting very uneasy and jumpy and they wrote i was very calm and understood everything........plus i failed the memory test they done with me......so my point is theses people have not got a clue......so i have told them by phone am wanting to appeal and also sent letter from my chronic pain nurse......will keep you posted,

take care

• Posted

Great news Myra I'm really pleased for you. However I would think carefully before appealling because they can take away benefit as well as give on any appeal.

Let's be honest you have done great here got what you wanted dispite the assessors comments. It might be counter beneficial to pursue this further but of course the final discision is down to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.