Pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was put in the support group for esa in jan this year and as im on standard mobility for pip am wondering if i sent in my support group esa letter this would make a difference to my mobility allowance any ideas

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Citizens Advice Bureaue in UK is always good for advice re benefits. I  did not understand quite what information you seek.... I know that PIP is the name for the new disability living allowance; but do not know what esa is.....benefits are normally linked to medical opinion and not whether we belong to support groups for our conditions.
    • Posted

I am in the support group for employment and support allowance. I am also claiming standard care mobility personal indepence payment.

The pip did an assesment on me and put me as standard care mobility.

Then i had an employment and support medical assesment and was found to be unfit for work due to my limited mobility and placed in the support group.

I just wanted to know if i send the evidence to pip from esa telling me im in the support group, wether this would alter my claim from standard mobility to the higher allowance of pip

• Posted

I am in Aistralia so not able to advise you about claims.

Do you have diverticulitis?

What other disabilities do you have? 

I have a range of health issues including Crohns, diverticulitis, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other less debilitating ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.