Pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

If i get to keep my pip award after reporting a change of circumstances will it be back dated or will it start as a new claim

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

If they decide your needs are the same, it will continue, if they decide you are entitled to a higher rate they will backdate the extra from the day you reported your change. If they decide you don't qualify they will stop it from the day of their decision

• Posted

Hi dawn, i reported a change, i had to fill out a new how your disability affects you form and have a new medical. But yes if you are awarded higher rate it will be back dated to when you reported your change if it remains the same then it will just continue, although as with all DWP rules & regs they could decide you don't qualify, even though you did before.

?Good luck.

• Posted

I don't know yet. Had my assessment 9 weeks ago this Thursday and still haven't heard. I've rang them 3 times only to be told the same thing. A decision hasn't been made yet.

• Posted

Just rang them again and guess what, they still haven't got my report back from the assessor. 9 flippin weeks.  it's a disgrace!!!..

• Posted

Hope you get on alright   I hate seeing people being self righteous on these forums   I know what it's like to work all your days and through no fault of your own have to claim benefits.  Hope you get good news

• Posted

Thank you x it doesnt bother me what people think because they dont know me xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.