PIP

Posted , 7 users are following.

asking for daughter as I advised her to contact pip.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Can pip stop DLA as I advised my daughter to contact them as she went for assessment last week but yesterday was diagnosed with a new illness.They told her her DLA will be stopped as she now has to be reassessed. She is so upset and I feel so guilty. Thank you.
    • Posted

High Margaret

As all ready explained yes DLA is stopped and your daughter will be reassessed for PIP because she has reported a change of circumstances (a new illness).

To ease your guilt a little your daughter would have been reassessed any way within the next 18 months as ALL DLA claimants will in that time have their claims closed and have to apply for PIP instead.

The golden rule with PIP is it is more about what personal care you receive because of your illness rather than the illness itself. It is vitally important that any help received is written down on the PIP2 form rather than just relying on medical evidence.

• Posted

Hello Anthony,

I really enjoy reading your posts as they are so informative.  You try to instill into people what they should be focusing on when completing the dreaded PIP forms.  

Unfortunately I think that people (and I was the same) get so worried about being turned down that panic sets in and the focus is on the condition we have rather than what help we need because of it.  I think what you are stressing is, that Instead of saying it hurts a lot when I bend forward, we should be saying 'I need someone to wash my lower legs and feet or put on my socks and shoes because I cannot safely bend forward'  if that makes sense.

Thank you for helping people with your advice. x

• Posted

Sukes you have just made my day! Exactly my friend and at this rate it won't be long before I'm asking you for advice!!!

• Posted

Agree totally with what you said  quote " I think what you are stressing is, that Instead of saying it hurts a lot when I bend forward, we should be saying 'I need someone to wash my lower legs and feet or put on my socks and shoes because I cannot safely bend forward  if that makes sense".  Unquote   i think we all need to be well informed on what to say and how to say it, its like learning a new language lol 

• Posted

You are so right, It is like learning a new language and Anthony is the person to teach it. cool

• Posted

My mum was on DLA and was had her assessment for pip they continue paying DLA at the rate you where previously on until they make a decision on your pip
    • Posted

I was also on DLA until circumstances changed and I was forced to claim PIP but no decision has been made so I still receive DLA until that's made.

Don't feel guilty, I'm sure your daughter will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.