Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had my assessment yesterday at the end the assessor told me that I would most likely get high rate because of I always need prompting ?????

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The decision maker always has the final decision. The assessment provider is there to help advice. Sounds like it went well though. Hopefully you won't have to wait long for a decision.

• Posted

I agree with the poster below.  The assessor has absolutely no say in what level (if any) of benefit you are awarded.  They are there to provide advice to the DWP decision maker, and although the assessor is asked to award points in each activity, they do not have the final say in the award - this is down to the DWP decision maker, who makes a decision based on all the available evidence, not just the assessors' report. Assessors are not supposed to comment on the level of award and are advised to direct you to the DWP to answer any questions you may have.  In my opinion, the assessor was very unprofessional in offering an opinion in which she cannot possibly know the outcome.

• Posted

she just said at end u defo won't get mobility because I can walk 200 metres or more which I don't mind then she said u should get the pip because I need prompting to do every day things

• Posted

She had absolutely no business commenting because she does not have the final say.  PIP assessors are told that under no circumstances should they advise or even comment on a likely award, for exactly that reason. I would wait and see what you get back from the DWP, and not set any store by what she says.  
    • Posted

Hi John

I have to agree with the others who have replied in that the assessor shouldn't have made a comment on the level of PIP you are potentially entitled to. May be what she said was taken out of context and she was simply explaining how PIP works, but even then she would be tacking close to the wind.

On the bright side if she has made a recommendation that you need prompting in enough of the descriptors then it is possible to accumulate enough points to get at least standard PIP, although enhanced is unusual when simply relying on the prompting. 

If I were you I would keep my fingers crossed for standard and if enhanced comes along then good for you.

• Posted

You will need at least 8 points to be awarded the stand daily living.
  • Posted

No her words were you defo won't get the mobility but the other OK and also as she was asking questions she was reminding me of what I put on the form 4 months ago

• Posted

They absolutely can not say what someone will or won't get. It's not their decision, they are only there to make a report. Questions are normally based on the way you filled your form in, that's perfectly normal. Decisions are made by the decision maker only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.