Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

Only had assesment 10 days ago just called dwp they said decision been posted out today seem really quick would that be good or bad

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it's good in the sense that you're not waiting for weeks for an answer.  I don't think you can take anything from this one way or another in terms of your award.  I've seen a few posts recently with people having got their decision very quickly.  Maybe DWP have just got though a backlog and now speedier decisions will be the norm for a while.

• Posted

My decision was made 4 days after my assessment. It doesn't mean it's good or bad, it just means a decision has been made quickly. As Scally has said they have been making decisions quickly. Ring them again tomorrow and they should be able to tell you what the decision is if they couldn't today. They told me over the phone.

• Posted

I called them 0 points on both how have they possibly come to that I'm fuming what do I do now I answered every question honestly

• Posted

You need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) but you only have 28 days from the date on letter to get this in. You'll also need a copy of the assessment report to see what was said. Most decisions stay the same at MR stage so be prepared to take it to tribunal. CAB are very good with help with this, so i hear. Did you send evidence when you filled in the forms? or take it with you to the assessment?

• Posted

Oh crikey, I'm sorry John.  The only thing you can do is what Denise suggested and put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration.  Everything crossed for you. 

• Posted

I don't understand the women who done medical said I won't get mobility but other I will get I have depression anxiety and I don't go out my house cooking cleaning everything my daughter does Evan tho I tell her I'm ok she still knows I won't do it the lady who done medicall as she asked questions she told me what I put on form to remind me of what I said how can I get 0 points don't make sense

• Posted

It doesn't matter what the assessment provider told you. It's not their decision or their place to tell you you will get something. I remember your post about this after you had your assessment. The final decision is with the decision maker, who looks at all the evidence including the assesors report then makes a decision. The only thing you can do now is ask for the Mandatory reconsideration. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks will do that tomorrow but I think they just stick to decision
    • Posted

How long does that take and what does it involve I don't understand the final question was do I go out am I OK with mixing my answer I go no were no shopping no public transport anything that's 8 point y would I get 0 I confused

• Posted

It's very rare for them to change the decision at MR stage, which can take anything from 8 weeks but of course this depends what area you're in. No one can really tell you the time frames. Did you take someone with you to the assessment or did you go alone? How did you get there? Also during theses assessments when they ask you questions if you can't do something, you have to tell them why you can't do it. Just answering yes or no isn't enough.

• Posted

I don't understand the women who done medical said I won't get mobility but other I will get I have depression anxiety and I don't go out my house cooking cleaning everything my daughter does Evan tho I tell her I'm ok she still knows I won't do it the lady who done medicall as she asked questions she told me what I put on form to remind me of what I said how can I get 0 points don't make sense

• Posted

I went on my own my brother gave me lift and I answered truthfully example are u OK on public transport mixing with crowds shopping ect I reply no my daughter has to do all that for me I couldn't Evan attempt to go shopping in crowds strangers getting on buses ect ect I got 0 points don't understand it

• Posted

I have done m/r what do I need I asked doctor for a letter but that will only state condition what other evedence should I get please help
  • Posted

Look at the decision-maker's reasoning in the letter. It will tell you why they think you can do certain things. You need to find evidence that supports that you can't. Also ring up and ask for a copy of the assessment report so you can see what the assessor recommended, and their reasons for that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.