PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a carer for my OH who is disabled, can't walk more than 20 FEET without being in agony, went to f2f assessment no exercises or examinations done just questions. Reply came no award. Currently had DLA and Mobility.

Car was returned to Motability 2 weeks ago, now received MR and still not changing it. Going to tribunal now so had enough of this country and the way it treats people, hubby is suicidal and depressed big time.

doctor rings weekly to check on him, what more can we do?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's very rare for a decision to change at MR stage. You're doing the right thing taking it to tribunal as 60% are successful. Did you send evidence in at any point?

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear your Husband’s story it is one we hear many times. Tribunal is now the only option left open to you so you need to prepare. This means gathering as much evidence as you can so the Tribunal has the best possible picture of your husband’s disabilities.

This includes a statement from you his carer describing a typical day and what personal care you provide and why. A diary giving a longer view is also a good idea.

Ask your GP to write a report especially as your Husband's mental health as taken a turn for the worse and is feeling suicidal (this is considered a ‘worsening of his condition and could lead to extra points). Access your husband's medical records and take copies of any relevant diagnosis. This can be done for as little as £10 but depends on your health board’s policy. Stock piling evidence on which you can challenge the assessor’s opinion is the key.

I would also prepare for the worst outcome. Ask for an Occupational Therapist appointment as they can come to your home and assess your husband and write a report. It is doubtful you will get one before the Tribunal but in 6 months time you could reapply for PIP armed with an OT assessment and that would serious enhance your chances of success. Even if you are successful at Tribunal it would still be worth holding onto the report to use as evidence in any future PIP application.

• Posted

Hi Anthony

Thanks I will start the stockpile, i did email my local councillor with a very irate and angry message and she now wants a meeting so hopefully i can get something sorted.

thanks again 

• Posted

Looks like you and me are in a similar boat without a paddle. What is this MR thing you mention? I haven't got that yet how long after the letter does it come?

• Posted

Hi Billy

We were turned down after the assessment and then you have to put in a mandatory reconsideration notice for them to look at your claim again. they can either 1, reduce it, 2 leave as is, 3 up it. you never know.

good luck

• Posted

Is there a form I should get? I haven't received one from the DWP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.