PIP

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everything. We went for PIP asssesement and just phoned to see if a decision had been made. Apparently they have requested doctors letters etc. Told me it's now in the hands off the decision makers. To phone bak next week. Wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat as us and what was the put come ?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn I had my results a fortnight later, how long ago did you go for it, also didn't you send in all your medical reports with you forms like consultants etc, if not I think you will be in for quite a wait, I'm not positive about that though, you will just have to wait and see, good luck

• Posted

Hi. We were there two weeks ago. We got refused it in April and reapplied for it in October on his consultants say so. No we didn't take anything with us just his medication. Apparently dwp have asked for hospital letters and consultant letters.

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

I believe that it's quite unusual for the DWP to request letters  from Doctors, I've personally not come across this before, but there are some knowledgeable people on this forum, who I'm sure will be able to advise.

• Posted

All I know is i have phoned them this morning and they have assemsement report from pip assessment and was told they have asked for doctors/consultant letters. On the plus side off that it was consultant that told us to reply and he could t believe he was turned down in April. Consultant couldn't believe we had been turned down and told us to reply and we would have his back up! Don't know how much pull the consultants have ?

• Posted

It is indeed very rare for them to request any evidence from Consultants/GP's. You're very lucky they have done this. You maybe in for quite a wait and hopefully the decision will be in your favour. Usually it's the person who's applying responsibility to send in all evidence. List of medication is no where near enough to support any claim. Good luck.

• Posted

I was told on the phone from DWP today they have the consultants letters from the hospital is now in the hands off decision makers. To phone back next week if I haven't heard anything back. I hope so Denise thank u

• Posted

Hi Denise...im a bit puzzled that you say she is very lucky to have the DWP ask for letters and reports from consultants etc?? why do you think this is lucky??

Ive heard of this happening with a friend whos partner had them ring to say they had asked for copies of reports and scans and he was refused PIP...so for him it was unlucky

• Posted

Hi, as i said above very lucky becasue it is rare for them to ask for this. They hardly ever ask any medical professional for evidence. That's the claimants responsiblity usually.

• Posted

Hello, Were you asked to supply letters from the doctors or are they going to request them from the doctors?  When I applied for PIP I sent copy letters from doctors and consultants with the aplication.  How long ago did you go for the assessment?  I had the decision 2 weeks after the face to face assessment.  Good luck, I hope you get the decision you are wanting.
    • Posted

Dwp have asked for doctors letters . I knew nothing about letters being requested. We went for assessment 2 weeks past Wednesday. Thank u
    • Posted

Hi Mary. We had he assessment 2 weeks passed. They have send for the hospital letters.
    • Posted

Hi Lynn, I hope you are successful. Good luck.
    • Posted

When i applied for pip i had to request all medical evidence myself.

I didnot received one piece of evidence but i decided to give it to the pip assesor when she came for my home visit.

The assesor refused the evidence saying they were not allowed to accept any of it.

I got pip thankfully

• Posted

I think these assesors make their own rules up sometimes. "not allowed to accept it" i've never heard of such nonsense. Glad you were successful with your claim.

• Posted

I agree with you. I was told when I had the face to face home assessment that there would be no physical examination. How wrong could they be?

The assessor tried to get me to do impossible tasks. She wanted me to rotate my neck (maybe she though I was an owl). I explained that I have had a spinal fusion in my neck making neck movement very limited. Nevertheless, she insisted that I try & try I did, much to my discomfort. Since the assessment I have had  terrible pains in my neck & shoulders. Much more than what I would usually have. I am hoping it will settle down. Well, one can live in hope. ha ha

• Posted

There's usually a physical examination BUT if you can't do something they CAN'T make you do it. Even if something courses you pain and discomfort, they can not force you to do anything. Remember that for next time, if you have another assessment at your review.

• Posted

I did explain to the assessor about the fusion in my neck but she still insisted that I look from side to side & up & down. Like an idiot I complied. I won't do it again.

• Posted

I cant bend down and put my arms behind my back and i can only walk 4 steps then the pain gets too much and i have to stop the assesor asked me to bend and touch my toes i tried to do all she asked and was in tears when i had finished the assesor was very sympathetic she even told me she had put that i had tried but simply couldnt do it.

When i recieved my assesor report she had put exactly as she had said

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.