Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi guys . I'm in DLA indefinayl , I'm still awaiting to be invited to claim pip . I've been reading in some cases that the claimants are going straight onto pip with out a face to face . I'm in a right mess worrying over this . Can anyone help x. Thankyou xxx

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky,

It's very rare that anyone gets a paper based decision, it does happen just not very often i'm afraid. I would fully prepare to be asked to attend a face 2 face assessment. You'll need plenty of evidence to support your claim when the time comes. I would advice to start to gather that evidence now then you'll be less stressed at the time. PIP2 forms are extremely long and very difficult to fill in, it would help if you could contact CAB to help you do this once you recieve them. It will tell you on the forms that they'll gather the evidence and contact the medical proffesionals but they very often don't so to be safe get it yourself. There's plenty of info on the internet all about the PIP descriptors so i'd advice having a look to familiarise yourself. PIP is all about how your condition/s affect you in daily life and not about a diagnosis. To get an award you have to fit those descriptors where you'll be given points, if any. You need at least 8 points in each Daily Living and/or mobility to get a Standard award. There's also plenty of advice on the internet about PIP assessments so have a search and do some reading. It is stressful yes but nothing we can do about it unfortunately. Any questions when the time comes please do ask.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply . Yes I will start gathering evidence for my case . It's a very worrying time for me , I'm in such a bad way at the mo and the stress with this is tipping me over the edge . I just thought I would of had the brown envelope by now . Thankyou . Xx

• Posted

It's normal to worry and everyone does the same. I'll be honest with you (even tho i wasn't claiming DLA before) I've had to PIP assessments 1 the first time i applied and again at my review last year. I didn't find either of them that bad. Yes i was worried and very nervous but as soon as it was over i thought both times i have no idea why i was so worried. Please do come back once you've had those forms and ask about the face 2 face assessment because there's so much advice that will help you. Please don't attend the assessment without coming back for that.

• Posted

Thankyou . I just don't understand why ppl with indefinite claim have to do it again , surely the word indefinite says how bad you are . X

• Posted

Yes indefinate for DLA but those no longer exist anymore because it's changed to PIP. The whole reason for PIP in the first place was to put a stop to those type of awards. With PIP the longest award possible is 10 years and VERY few people get those. Long gone are the days where DWP forget about someone for years and years and let their existing award carry on regardless.

• Posted

I do agree to a certain degree but knowing how bad I am myself and losing it just such a scary thought . My friend lost his by turning up to appointment well turned out , they wrote he can obv look after himself . His wife dressed him and bathed him that morning . They looking into every way they can to take you off it . I know someone who got the letter the other day , she has automatically been put onto pip , no face to face , to brown enverlope at all , not even an invite to claim pip , got pip straight away. . The most annoying thing is all her claim is false and I'm worried sick that I'm going to lose mine x

• Posted

It's posssible to have an award without a face 2 face assessment but definately impossible to have an award without applying, sorry. Everyone within the age when PIP came out in 2013 that was claiming DLA will be invited to apply. They will not just automatically get put onto PIP without being first invited to apply and then making the phone call, this is a fact!  Has this person told you their claim is false? There's people out there including myself that look perfectly fine on the outside BUT are definately NOT fine on the inside. To judge someone this way is wrong. We simply just don't know what goes on, on the inside....

• Posted

hi Hun . I do think that this person must of claimed pip but I know that she lost her DLA due to been reported . Now she saying she's got pip . Don't get it myself personally . I know this persons claim is false as she's a family member x

• Posted

I'm not the kind of person to judge anyone Hun , please don't think that . I 2 look fine on the outside but my inside is knackered . I'm just not that kind of person but I 2 have been judged by people , especially older folk x

• Posted

DLA AND is converting to. PIP. Just had mine changed over. I was in DLA indefinitely. Just got Pip until 20 20
  • Posted

Hi Becky,

I'm a bit confused about the person you mentioned, who said they were automatically transferred to PIP without having to do anything.  I have to honest, I've not heard of anyone on DLA that has automatically been put on to PIP and on the Citizens Advice site, it states:  

You won’t automatically move over to PIP.  You’ll get a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions before October 2017, asking you to make a new claim.

I was on DLA indefinite and was invited to apply for PIP last year.  I filled out the forms, went for a face to face and finally received a decision of enhanced rate of both care and mobility ongoing, which apparently means 10 years - I will be 78 years old then!!!  :-) 

• Posted

Yes l have to agree with you totally on this sukes.
    • Posted

Hi Hun . A family member and a friend also told me he has today . Sorry for late reply x
    • Posted

I'm sorry but i'm finding that hard to believe, no one automatically gets transfered from DLA to PIP you get invited to apply.

• Posted

I think she did apply that's what I mean but had no f2f , just automatically got it x

• Posted

Yes i thought so, this can happen with enough evidence to support a claim but it's very rare.

• Posted

My neighbour and l sent ooddles of clear sinificant medical evidence in and we certainly did not avoid a f2f.
    • Posted

I did read that paper decisions where happening now but didn't know anyone till now . Thanks 

• Posted

Everybody l know has had a f2f assessment as paper assessments are pretty rare imo.
    • Posted

I only know about 4 ppl who have gone for pip and 2 of them ( according to them ) have got paper decision x
    • Posted

I thought the same but apparently it is true . I have read up and found out that it is happening as it's falling behind time again . 

• Posted

It's true people do have paper based decisions but like i said it's very rare. I've heard of several people in fact.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.