Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi had mr (MR) back they won't change the decision,I really can't believe I have lost £143  which means I carnt have my cleaner as I carnt Alford her,I have lost my bus and train disabled cards, I got more for care than I got for mobility but my mobility is worse than it was three years ago when I first claimed,I really don't no what the benefits are coming to.im so glad I haven't got a mobility car or that would have to go back,I feel really alone and depressed.thanks for reading xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Decisions very rarely change with MR but 65% of Appeals at Tribunal are successful. May i ask what award you got and what did you have when you were claiming DLA?
  • Posted

Hi I have fibromyalgia,depression and asthma,for the last three years iv had enhanced for both that was pip,this time I got  standard rate for both,my mobility is worse now than it was three years ago.regards Karen 
    • Posted

karen we sent replys at the same time,  So was you getting DLA before this or have you successfully got the PIP before but turned down this time for higher rate?
    • Posted

It was pip before granted for three years this time its standard for five years x
  • Posted

Hi karen

Im real sorry for you, i just dont get it, how they come to their decisions, your worse than 3 years ago  yet they have come to the conclusion you no longer need it simply because they have changed the questions and according to replys we give they interpret it as we dont qualify?  

Personally if think they have gone  OTT  with this. ok so they want to save money by taking away peoples DLA  but why do they have to take away bus and train disabled cards away with it.  Ir seems its either all or nothing.   Its so cruel. 

• Posted

Hi Susan ,I don't go out much but I use my train card to collect my grandchildren that live in the Lake District ,my partner takes me to the station  and my grandchildren meet me the other end I have no standing walking it really easy ,but I only do this couple times a year.for doctor appointment I get taxi  all this is really depressing me more how cruel to save a few pounds.

• Posted

One thing I have learnt from my experience is that the PIP process is long and drawn out and many have found this daunting and stressful, but, in the time that I have been a member of this discussion board have found that none of us is alone and can share our feelings and advise and support each other.

I totally agree with Denise about considering going to tribunal, given that few decisions are changed at Mandatory Decision but 65% of those who go to court have their decision overturned and are awarded PIP.

May I ask if you asked for a copy the assessor`s report? If not, phone DWP and ask for a copy as this will be useful when applying to the courts for a Tribunal hearing.

Steve

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.