pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi does anyone know about the backdated payments of pip as I have received a payment from them but it is not amount expected.Just a bit confused as it is also not my payment day.Thank you.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

As far as l know the first payment of PIP is like that but some of the others on here would advise you more on that Pau then l.
    • Posted

Thank you for that greatly appreciated. 
    • Posted

No problem as others especially and l occasionaly are here to help anybody if we can. 
  • Posted

Back payment can be paid anytime, it doesn't have to be your payment day. Usually with these they'll pay you up until a certain time in the month then on your regular payment day you'll recieve the whole months payment then. You should have been paid from the day you applied, unless of course you transfered from DLA. How much short do you think you are?

• Posted

Hi Denise no I wasn't on dla.I applied for a review of pip in December 2016 Iwas getting standard rate daily living component.But last week dwp had increased that to enhanced rate and also gave me standard rate of mobility.The amount is short by quite a lot from my working out.

• Posted

With a review it's different and i'm not certain you'll get back dated from when you contacted them. It should state on your award letter when you're awarded from then you can work out from there how much you should have got. You can also ring them and ask as that's the only way you'll know for sure.

• Posted

My calculations say you get £49 per week more than before. So take a look when your award is from and work it out from there. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you Denise I will ring them now.Let you know in a while how I getbiggrin on.
    • Posted

Hi I was lead to believe that with change overs you don't get back dated, I was told you get paid from when your allocated decision is made, ie the change and not from the date you apply, but, as it seems to be ever changing I can't be sure, let us know

• Posted

Hi Denise I made call and all sorted.biggrin
    • Posted

Thank you very much everyone on here has been so great with their help and advice I have greatly appreciated it.I will continue to come on here and hope that who ever is waiting to hear from pip get the results they want.biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.