Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hello, I have been downgraded from high rate DLA for mobility to standard rate mobility for PIP. My question is will I lose my exemption for road tax.

0 likes, 5 replies


5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Mary I think you loose road tax mobility car if you only get standard rate mobility you will have to check and let me know how you get on
    • Posted

      Yes you're right you'll get 50% reduction in road tax but i believe you have to fill out a form and send all relevent documents along with payment to them. You can't tax your car at a post office. You'll also lose your mobility car if you had one. Are you going to ask for the MR? If you are then you only have 1 month from the date on the letter to do this.


Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up