Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

does everyone  have to have a pip accesment

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes generally everybody who either makes a new claim for PIP and those who are still on DLA will have to have a assessment Valerie.
  • Posted

Most people yes but there are a few who haven't. Be prepared for one though. Also when or if they do send you an appointment date/time it'll most likely be somewhere far away from where you live. Mostly the first appointment is computer generated. You can change this appointment only once so if you have to do this please hink carefully before accepting the next one.

• Posted

I am speaking on behalf of my son who has a lot of health problems including mental health he got Dna indefinitely bou I suppose you are acceded all over again
    • Posted

Idefinite DLA no longer exists and yes he'll be assessed all over again. If awarded the max amount of years for PIP is 10 years with review at 9 years. Reviews are always 1 year before an award is due to end. Evidence is the key to any claim and proving that those descriptors apply to you.

• Posted

Hi Valerie yes I'd say about 98% have to have f2f and some who were given indefinite DLA are now being reassessed for PIP due to the change of criteria and financial cut backs, Motability payments are being cut even more, suppose it was on the card's, if you look at the figures its a big lump out of the budget and I bet they have been told to pull in the purse strings, pensioners next sad

• Posted

Yeah l think you have to be extremly lucky if you dont get one.

So far l have not heard of anyone not havinf a f2f .

Sorry

Laura

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.