pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

can some one tell me how long i have to wate for them to tell me my results for pip i have been on pip now for 3 years  and have just had to go back on friday  i no they say you have to wate 6 to 8 weeks but my son is on pip as well for depeshon and anziertey  and when he went last year on the weednesday he got a tex mesage the following wednesday saying he had been put on the inhancd rate. i feel so  they are taking the mickey out of me . my son or so got 6 points for mobileryty cos he told them hes ancull cliks and can give up on him some times when he walks .i had to go back last year after be in on pip for 2 years as i have diyabetis and very hihe blood presher and suffer with sever depreshon and anzierty i am or so alcaholl dependent  i have a decese in my feet cos of the alcahall and can not walk far cos of it as they go num  and the top of my left leg gos num  i am or so under a norolergist department for my nervs as i get a lot of head shacking . when i went back last year i scord no points for moblierty cos they said i walkt in to the car park and i got nokt down to the standerd rate from the inhancd rate  it depreded me even more in my live. no in that they is pepel claming full wate as i no a thew and they are not as bad as me  like my son like i said i have just gone back last friday with oll the same problems and am woured sick now wot they are goin to do sory about me speling as you can see not very good at it

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky,

I'm trying to understand your post, i'll do the best i can. What i think i understand is that you currently claim PIP but had a review (another re-assessment) is that correct? If so then decisions can be anything from 2 - 8 weeks depending on what area you live. Backlogs cause waiting times and there isn't much we can do about this. Did you send in evidence to support your claim? I think i understand that your assessment was last Friday is this correct? If so then that's really no time at all to be waiting. You can't compare 2 people i'm afraid because we're all different. What 1 person gets another may not. Evidence plays a part too and how you fit those descriptors for PIP. Hopefully you're not waiting too much longer. The good news is your current payments will continue until a decision has been made. If you're awarded it again with an increase you may even have a little backdated money. If it's the same award then your payments will continue as normal. If the decision doesn't go in your favour your payments will stop. If this happens please do come back and someone will advice you on the next step. Good luck.

• Posted

es i sent evidence to support  my clame from doters letters and hospital apotments and clinik apointments i no evry case is difrent i just saying how i see it .i no pepel with less probems than me and they get full rate  and they never sent eney a evidence in i have or so been told that they wont to noce so meny pepel of to reech ther target 
    • Posted

I'm sorry but you can't compare others when you don't know what's going on, on the inside. To look at me i look fine but i'm not infact i'm far from ok, i have multiple health issues. I think you should concentrate on yourself. There isn't anything you can do until you have a decision and like i said before this could be anything from 2-8 weeks depending on the backlog. You can in the meantime ring PIP DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea on the points you will score. The decision maker will usually award what was adviced in that report.

• Posted

Another thing, future appointment letters aren't the best form of evidence. Infact they're not evidence at all. Just something for you to remember next time.

• Posted

yes i sent evidence to support  my clame from doters letters and hospital apotments and clinik apointments i no evry case is difrent i just saying how i see it .i no pepel with less probems than me and they get full rate  and they never sent eney a evidence in i have or so been told that they wont to noce so meny pepel of to reech ther target 
  • Posted

yes i sent evidence to support  my clame from doters letters and hospital apotments and clinik apointments i no evry case is difrent i just saying how i see it .i no pepel with less probems than me and they get full rate  and they never sent eney a evidence in i have or so been told that they wont to noce so meny pepel of to reech ther target 
    • Posted

Hi I totally agree with Denise.  You can't judge other people until you know fully what their issues are.  Many people look fine but are actually very ill.  Not everyone has a physical disability either to make it obvious they are ill. 

I too had trouble reading your post.  Can you turn your spellchecker on do you think? This might help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.