PIP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all , im new to the site and was on looking for information regarding PIP and came across this forum.

I am transfering from DLA to PIP 

I was just really wondering about how long it takes for the decision maker to make a decision?  I rang PIP today to find out about the progress of my claim as i hadnt recieved an appoinment for a f2f. I was then advise by the lady on the phone that i was not going to be called for a f2f. I was not called for one for the DLA either.  Just wondering if this is a good or bad thing in regards to PIP ? 

Thank you

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I just posted a reply on the other thread, so i'll just copy and paste it here.

Hi,

It can be good or bad. believe it or not i have heard of people being refused PIP without a f2f. It's happened a few times that i know of with people transfering from DLA also, i'm not trying to scare you just being honest. On the good side people do get an award without a f2f also. It's rare both ways but it can happen. Hopefully for you it's good news and you won't have to wait much longer. There's no time scales really, it's like saying how long is a piece of string. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply denise15811

Yeah i suppose thats true it could go either way. My hope is that if i do get refused then i will be able to appeal it because they havent gave me the f2f. 

• Posted

You can ask for Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) won't make a difference saying they didn't give you a f2f. Refusal of PIP can happen without one unlike ESA. Did you send in evidence to support your claim?

• Posted

yeah i sent in all my medcial information & i also allowed them to access my DLA records too 

• Posted

Hi Courtney,

I transferred from DLA to PIP but unlike you, I had to have a f2f.  I was assured that I wouldn't need one as I was on DLA indefinitely, but they got that wrong rolleyes  

You would still have been able to appeal if you had been given a f2f by the way, quite a few people on here have had to go to appeal and I believe that most of them have won their appeal.  

I hope you hear soon, please let us know how you get on. 

• Posted

Hi Sukes ,

I was told the opposite to you , when i was asking for advice on filling my forms out i was told that everyone was getting called for the f2f which added to the stress.    How did you get on with your f2f ? iv read so many horror stories on them?

• Posted

The problem we have is that we only ever read the bad stories, and there sure is plenty of them out there. The reaosn we don't hear the good ones is if someone get a decision in their favour then they have no questions to ask. Therefore we don't hear about them.

I've had 2 f2f assessments for PIP in the last 2.5 years and in all honesty i didn't find either of them that bad. Stressful before and after yes but other than that they were ok.

• Posted

yes thats very true denise. i would say it would be stressful and the fact you have had 2 in such a short space of time would be rather annoying. It really is a big stressful waiting game. I know that they are carrying out the change in order to catch people out but for those of us with genuine disabilities , its just adding on extra un called for stress.

I take it you were reawarded your PIP?

• Posted

Yes stressful indeed. Yes i got standard on both the first time. 2nd time i got Standard Daily living and Enhanced mobility for 4 years. Review in 3 years.
    • Posted

Thanks. Yes it was smile If you added a mobile number to the PIP2 form they should text you once they have all the info the need. If this happens it shouldn't be too long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.