PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

After nursing my partner until he died back in November 2016.  A solicitor suggested I apply for PIP.  I have no income and have severe Agoraphobia. I'm 63 so, can't have a pension until I'm 66. So, was wondering if anyone in a similar situation has successfully got PIP?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry Penny that you lost your partner.  I have no idea I'm afraid whether you will get PIP through your problems, but I wish you all the best.  Please let us know how you get on x

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your loss. You just within age for a PIP application but you'll have to hurry because the cut off age is 64.

If you have problems in daily life such as washing, dressing/undressing, cooking/preparing food, going out etc. I you've had these issues for at least 3 months and expect them to last a further 9 months at least then you could put in a claim for PIP. You will need plenty of evidence to support you claim, such as DR letter, Consultant letters, Occupation Therapist reports, medication list, letter from yourself or someone that knows you well. Anything really except future appointment dates/times.

If you have then you can ring PIP DWP to start your claim off, they'll ask you a few simple questions then they'll send you a form called PIP2. You'll need to fill this out (warning here, this form is huge and like a booklet) I strongly advice you to get help filling this is from someone who knows what they're doing because they're very complex. You will have just 1 month to return this form to them. You can ring to ask for extra time if needed. Send all your evidence with the form (copies only)

They'll most likely ask you to attend a face to face assessment. You can take a look at the PIP descriptors online, just google PIP descriptors and they'll come up. You need to prove that these apply to you.

If you miss the age deadline it then becomes Attendance Allowance. There's no mobility part for this. Hope this info helps.

• Posted

One thing i forgot to ask. You say you have no income, do you not claim any other benefits? Do you live alone? Sorry for those 2 questions but need to ask to be able to help you further.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.