pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can some one tell me when i got rewared my pip it said i have  been rewared  it from the 12 of march 2016 till march 2018  then i read on and it says but we will get in touch with you in march 2017  i got the form of them in march  to fill in and i had to go to the asement on the 4th of juliy  if i get knocked  of dous my claim stop or will it go on till march 2018 what i got rewareded it to 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry i ment the 4th of june
  • Posted

Hi Hicky,

it is normal practise for the DWP to contact you a year before your award date, it's to ensure that the award does not run out before the new decision is made.

• Posted

Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad new but if they reassess you and decide your not entitled your payments will stop, it want make any difference that your claim says 2 or 3 years its till whenever they say.

Don't worry though, if your care/mobility is still the same and you have up to date proof then your claim will be honored.

It will all depend on your ongoing circumstances

• Posted

Well there's a lot of people out there that have proof that their condition is the same or has indeed got worse and they've had thier claim stopped when it's review time. In my honest oppinion no one is ever safe when it comes to PIP. Even those over the age of 65 will still continue to be reviewed.

• Posted

All I can go on is physical statistics which this site does not always portray, the majority of people who apply for pip and can show without a shadow of doubt that there ongoing condition is making it impossible for them to have a good quality of life and that there mobility is genuinely hampered by there condition will continue to receive PIP as I cannot and do not physically meet every PIP claiment I cannot say whether there entitled or not, all I know is as you yourself have stated many times, if you appeal and can show the appeal board that your life is made unlivable without help etc your appeal will be upheld.

You say that everyone over 65 will still be reviewed, did I say anything to the contrary regarding that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.