Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I have been on dla 6 years an now recently have been turned down pip with zero points I suffer ptsd depression anxiety asthma an chronic back pain iv ask for reconsider and had a letter from my go saying all this an that I find it hard to do daily things like washing cooking etc an the decision has stayed the same now waiting in a letter about appeal will I get it back u was on high rate before

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura. Wishing you all the luck in the world with this. I myself know what

Your going through. My PIP changed to basic rate and no mobility after I informed them I now have MS. Did the MR same decision. Put in appeal and it was accepted by the HMCTS. Just waiting for the date if my tribunal hearing now. Which I've been told will be September.

Good luck.

Mark

• Posted

Hi,

I'm aorry to hear this. Most MR decisions remain the same so most people so have to take it to Tribunal, sadly. If you have more evidence i would advice you to send it with your appeal letter/form. Tribunal waiting times vary depending on where you are in the country but be prepared for quite a wait. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi,sorry to hear that , but I think if you submitted enough evidence I think they wouldn't stop it ,asthma doest count .back pain you need a report and depression without social worker its slim chance it's the Tories they are cutting ,but if you are under the mental health and have enough evidence from the  hospital maybe 

• Posted

I'm sorry but you're wrong by saying asthma doesn't count. It's not a diagnosis that gets the award it's how your condition/s affect you daily. It's totally different to DLA. Having plenty of evidence to support a claim will most certainly help anyone though.

• Posted

Hi,

Wow Denise, that does surprise me. I knew it was about how your disability affects you, rather than what it was.But I didn't realise that asthma was an acceptable illness for claims for PIP.

I have for the last few weeks been getting my case notes and evidence together, not called to go from dla to pip yet, but waiting and I have noted my asthma down among other things, just as well.

Mike.

• Posted

It's not about asthma being an acceptable illness, it's about how it affects you daily. This is what a lot of people fail to understand. If you have difficulties in daily life and you can prove that those descriptors apply to you with evidence to back you up then there's every chance that you'll be awarded PIP. If you can't prove that they apply to you then you have very little chance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.