pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

rolleyesbeen wating 5 weeks now for a dection on my pip phond them up yesderday and he told me its still with the desion maker i said to him i fort it onley takes 4 to 6 weeks for a destion and he daid it can go over the 6 weeks is this nomell  so stressed with the wating 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi hicky. Yes this is normal. The decision maker may be waiting for evidence form health professionals. As they often contact them for information. Depending on how long it takes for them to get this evidence back. Could hold things up. Just keep ringing for updates. Good luck

Mark

• Posted

y do they send  you a letter then saying they have all the evidence they need and they will let you no as soon as they make a decision  i had this letter 2 weeks ago 
    • Posted

Not all the time. My mum rang weekly abiut mine and was told were they were at each time. Just ring them as often as you need to.

Mark

• Posted

Hi Hicky,

some people I believe have waited much longer than 6 weeks, I think it varies depending on where you live.   Have you asked for a copy of the assessors report yet, if not, it might be an idea to do so. 

• Posted

Hi,

Yes this is perfectly normal, as others have said sometimes decisions takes longer than others. As you've already had the letter saying they have all the evidence they need it's just a matter of time now. There maybe a backlog in your area. As sukes has already said you can ring for the assessment report to be sent to you, if you haven't already done this. This will give you some idea of what the decision will be as mostly they go with the report. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.

• Posted

I first applied for pip in January 2016 had 2 apppintments made An both times capita cancelled them! Anyway had my 3rd appt for 7th July 2016 An it only lasted 25 minutes she also turned up 15 minutes earlier than planned! She refused to do the examination as she said she was concious I was in pain! Now the dreaded wait for the decision! I'm so scared An nervous! Been suffering with this pain for 8 years now sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.