PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, After much debating with myself I have decided to tick all the no change boxes.  The form came a year early but I did expect this.  I receive the standard rate PIP for care, I was 4 points short of receiving a mobility award.

?The only changes I have is that since December 2016 I have developed blood clots in both my legs which I am receiving treatment for.  Seeing as I was not awarded the mobility component I don't think I should mention this in the form which I am about to send off.  The reason being is that maybe with me stating that there is no change in my circumstances I could still continue to receive the standard rate PIP for care. Whether or not I will have to go for a face to face is anyone's guess, but I have read that the DWP are so snowed under that they have been known to allow people to continue with their PIP payment if there are no changes, without having to have a face to face.  The goal posts are being moved all the time & the criteria changes from day to day.  Time will tell.   neutral

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Just so that you're aware that most people have a face 2 face assessment even at review. Very few people have that paper based decision. Hopefully for you you'll be in those few who don't. Good luck and please let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Thank you Denise for your reply.  I will let you know of the outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.