PIP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have just been diagnosed with autism instead of personality disorder pip has my diagnosis as personally disorder do I have to let them know that it has been changed

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how your conditions affect you daily, so no need to ring them because of a mis-diagnosis.

• Posted

I would say to write a letter to the PIP office who deals with your claim and let them know your circumstances has changed and that you have just been diagnosed with autism. Also enclosed a copy of the letter that said you've been diagnosed with autism and send it first class recorded delivery signed for it should cost no more than £2.00.

If if you ring the pip office please record your conversation you do not need to tell them

you are recording the conversation you are entitled to. Never speak to the benefit office without sending a follow up letter.

hope this helps.

• Posted

Again wrong advice. There's no need to ring to report those changes because PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis...

• Posted

If you did let the DWP know that you have been wrongly diagnosed they could ask you to make a new claim for PIP & you could end up losing the benefit.  Denise is right, there is no need to let them know.

• Posted

Thank you I was starting to panic as someone on the forum said it was a change in circumstances and to let them know
    • Posted

No, it's not a change of circumstances. Having a different diagnosis makes no different as i'm sure your condition is the same as before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.