pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi can anyone tell me if anybody gets any pip benefits with having polio and post polio syndrome 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Susan,

I am 73 so I still get DLA but I am quite sure you would get this newly named benefit.

This is such a horrid disability, as you know I am sure.  good luck,  Marion

• Posted

Hi Susan, I was recently assessed for PIP having had DLA etc for many years previously. I now have the lower rate for care and lower rate for mobility with my new PIP benefit. With DLA I had the higher rate for mobility and so had access to the Motabilty scheme. As I now have the lower rate for mobility in PIP I have lost access to the Motability scheme which has made my motoring much more expensive. 

​The difference is that PIP assesses you for what you can actually do or not do. Ridiculously assumes that if you can walk 10 metres then you can walk! The assessment ignores matters such as tiredness, rough ground or can you carry anything like shopping, so everyone is likely to come away with less benefit than they had on DLA.

​I have both legs affected and use calipers and crutches all the time. Astonished I only got the lower rates.

I hope this is useful info.

• Posted

That is terrible can u not appeal 

Against this decision 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.