Pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went for my assessment, got letter today saying they have all the evidence they need and I will hear from them once they have made a decision, does anybody know how long it takes till I get a decision? Thanks 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm afraid no one can answer that one as all areas are different. Did you have a copy of the assessment report? this will give you some idea on what the decision will be as mostly they go with this report. Good luck.

• Posted

I would advice ringing PIP Monday morning and ask them to send you a copy. This would be extremely helpfuul if that decision doesnt go in your favour and you need to ask for the Mandatory reconsideration.
  • Posted

I really hope your decision is quicker than mine. I’ve been waiting nearly 6 weeks & when I spoke to them earlier this week, my file hasn’t even got to a decision maker yet!!

Good luck.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. This is the reasons why there's no time scales for decisions. Have they told you why it's taking so long? Has your file been returned to DWP yet? Sometimes files are chosen at random and sent to audit, if this happens it can delay to process for weeks. Being sent to audit is nothing for you to worry about but the delay is very annoying.

• Posted

I was replying to Kim for that reply Lady. I know your file has been returned because your post stated they have all the evidence they need.
    • Posted

Hi Denise, I was told when I rang just over 2 weeks ago that my file was with a decision maker but when I called again earlier this week I was told it is not with a decision maker. I was also told because they have a large backlog, my file has been sent to another office to deal with. I was told they will ask the manager at that office to deal with my case asap because I have been waiting longer than 4 weeks. It won’t surprise me if I’m told something different again next week.....
    • Posted

I never believe anything DWP tell me, ever! I would advcie you to ring PIP on Monday and ask to speak to a manager. Have you got copy of the assessment report?
    • Posted

Nor do I now Denise. They contradict themselves every time I speak to them. It’s regarding ESA not PIP.
    • Posted

sorry, I meant to add, no I haven’t got a copy of my report yet. When I last asked, they didn’t have the report, which is even more worrying.
    • Posted

I always find ESA decisions take so much longer than PIP. Hopefully it won't be much longer. Try ringing again and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you. Don't let them tell you that they can't send it out until after a decision's been made, this is completely wrong and they are NOT allowed to refuse you a copy of this. Good luck.

• Posted

Yes, hopefully it won’t be much longer. I will call them again on Monday to ask for a copy of the report. It’s good to know that they cannot refuse to send me a copy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.