Pip

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am wondering if somebody out there can explain as I am a little confused

I have been awarded pip enhanced in both components 

The confusion is I got a full months DLA on 28th feb which is when it was due the pip award letter tells me DLA will end on the 20th March and PIP starts 21st with a first payment due on the 12th April of £445.29 this is money that they owe from  21st March until 11th April and then they say they will then pay benefit into acc every 4 weeks in arrears on a Thursday

The reason I am confused is that I have just checked my acc today and a DLA payment has been credited for £160 which is half the normal amount I thought it would go until 20th and then a final payment would be made so Is this my final DLA payment until I get a pip payment on 12th April so confusing can anybody explain please TIA Mike

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mick,

I have no idea what award you were getting with DLA but as you only had a months DLA 2 weeks ago and another payment yesterday. DLA/PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears.

Give them a ring, they open at 8. I'm sure they'll tell you if that's correct or not. It sounds as if it is to me, but i could be wrong. They do work the payments out quite oddly when transfering from one to the othert.

I can tell you that your first PIP payment is for 3 weeks and not the full 4. 4 weeks PIP at Enhanced for both is £564 because that's what my daughter has.

I'm sure they'll explain it to you so that you'll understand. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise

I have telephoned DWP as you suggest and the £160 I received today is my final DLA payment PIP starts on the 21/3/18 with a first payment of £445.29 on 12/4/18 and then payment goes to £564 on 10/5/18 if this makes sense

Mike

• Posted

Yes, that was my thoughts too. Your first PIP payment is 3 weeks money and not 4 weeks. Then the £564 is the for week amount, the same as my daughter. I believe there's a little extra from April.....but it's little lol

• Posted

Yes you are correct they told me it is going up a little in April it will be a little as well lol

Mike

• Posted

Hia denise, sorry to jump on this thread but wondering if you can make sense of this, i care for my cousin who has constant pain, and mental health issues amongst other things, i took her for f2f last week and recieved the assesors report today, im confused as the help my cousin needs isnt what shes agreed with but the things she doesnt i dont think she will get an award as i can only add it up to 6 points i could be wrong at the end it says based on the claimants likely future circumstances, it would be appropriate to review the claim in 1 year, if there was a way i could send them for you too see i would . Do you understand this? Any advice id be greatful
    • Posted

Hi,

Is this for PIP because you don't say in your post. If so, what you need to do is look in the report at the boxes with dots in them. Google PIP self test and put those dots from the report into the self test and see what was scored.

Even though it says review in 1 year, some times they do this even when they don't award anything. The reason they do it is because they think that your condition will stay the same for this length of time. Ridiculous i know.

If the points aren't enough for an award you need to wait for the decision letter but they mostly go on the report i'm afraid. When that decision arrives then you'll be able to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. Did your cousin send in evidence to support the claim? They very rarely contact anyone for evidence.

Unfortunately there isn't any way you can send me the report but it's easy to add those points up the way i explained above.

• Posted

Hiya Thankyou for your reply it was pip, yes it scores the 6 i thought, ridiculous comsidering i recorded it too anyway thankyou for your advise hopefully the decision maker will pick up on the assessor contridcting herself
    • Posted

No problem. Don't build your hopes up on that happening because they rely heavily on the assessment report and usually award like for like.

When you say you recorded it, did you have permission to do this?

• Posted

This countrys system is a nightmare , yeah i had permission due to applying for her last year and not 1 thing was the truth she wouldnt continue with appeal, anyway iv phoned them the lady i spoke to put me through to a case manager who was quite helpful i have requested they listen to the recording before making a decision she is supposed to be calling me back tomorrow, weather she does or not or has good news for them to listen to it i dont no, i asked her if when they make a decision do they read through all of the report properly as the assessor contridicted herself and they can see for thereselfs, she assures me they do but again i dont no
    • Posted

I know you spoke to a case manager but once you've had the decision please put your request in writing.

When a claimant keeps applying after being refused, they will most likely keep refusing. This is what the MR and Tribunal process is there for. 70% success rate for Tribunal for those that appear in person is quite high. If the decision stands after that call today and my guess is it will then please don't re-apply ask for MR then Tribunal. It's the only way.

• Posted

Yes i will do but she doesnt cope right well the assessor even commented on how distressed she was but il do it for her if the cm doesnt ring back tomorrow or whatever . Thankyou for your advice
    • Posted

Also with the proof of the recording and the visible contridictions do you think they will still go with the report
    • Posted

Like i said, yes most likely they will. That recording will be very useful for the Tribunal as evidence, if it gets that far but most do unfortunately.
    • Posted

Hi Denise the CM called back, she has contacted the healthcare provider to request copy of the tape they hold she has put an hold on the cm making a decision until that is recieved, i wont hold my breath and am prepairing for tribunal for my cousin this time not leaving it. You give fantastic advice and im greatful
    • Posted

Hi,

Everything is crossed for you and i hope your cousin gets the right decision. If the decision doesn't change then it would be the MR first before the Tribunal. You can't request the Tribunal without the MR first. I really hope it doesn't get this far. Please let me know the outcome. I'm always happy and willing to help anyone here! My pleasure and thank you for those kind words!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.