pip

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have been waiting nearly 3 weeks and not heard about wether i have been accepted for pip it is my first claim i have had my face to face assesement on the 6 march had a text back on the 15 march to say they they have received the report and should hear within 4 weeks how much longer does anyone think it will be and is it 4 weeks from when they recevied the report or is it from the face to face assesement

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela,

It can take uptown 6 weeks, I waited 6 weeks for mine a few weeks ago, it won't be long now

• Posted

Hi Angela,

waiting times vary regarding where you are in the country.  If you haven't already done so, ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the report, this will give you a good idea of the award you may receive.  It will also be helpful if you are turned down and need to do a Mandatory Reconsideration.  Whilst on the phone, you could ask if a decision has been made yet and if yes, then ask the result.  Good luck. 

• Posted

i am waiting for the report i done that on the 19 march they said it can take 10 days to arrive 
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes, it can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. It totally depends on the backlog in your area. There really is no time scales to these decisions, they can take as long as they want, unfortunately.

The report you received will give you an idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with that. What you receive it there will be boxes with dots somewhere in the report. Use the PIP self test (google online) and put those dots in the test the same as your report. This will tell you what you scored. As you asked for that report on the 19th that seems rather a long time to wait, although they do say up to 10 days. I'd give PIP another ring to ask if it's been sent, it may not have been. It's also very useful if the worst happens and you're refused. Good luck.

• Posted

I got my letter after 3 weeks but phoned 3 weeks after I got a text like you and they told me over the phone the results. Good luck with yours
  • Posted

Hi Angela

When the DWP say 10 days it normally means 10 working days which in reality means two weeks - which for the DWP is fairly speedy.  

• Posted

That's very true but post from DWP very rarely takes that long. They say that time to cover theirselves more than anything. When it comes to assessment reports DWP can often be very reluctant to send a copy out before the decision is made, even though strictly speaking they can't refuse you to see your report, when you ask for it. I would say it's more of "they haven't yet sent it" rather than DWP post being slow. Forms generally take longer but anything else should be received within 1 week, if it really was sent when they tell you it was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.