pip

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Can anyone help my friend got turned down for her pip.She has done the mandatory reconsideration and got turned down again.Paperwork has been sent away to the tribunal services once received by them will she go back onto her money.And will it be at the same rate as before ??? thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

No, her money won't start again once the Tribunal receive the paper work. This is because she was refused. She will need to wait for the hearing date and for the Tribunal to make their decision and this can be several months and more. Some areas have backlogs as long as 1 year.

Is she appearing in person? This will give her the best chance of a decision in her favour. Those that appear in person have a 71% chance, paper based decision success rate is as low as 5%.

She'll need evidence to support her claim to prove that those descriptors apply to her. The evidence should state how her conditions affect her, rather than letters of diagnosis.

Once the hearing takes place and a decision is made, if it goes in her favour then it take roughly 6 weeks after that before payment is made. Her money will be backdated to the date it stopped IF the decision goes in her favour. All in all the process can take well over 1 year.

• Posted

Hi there, sorry to hear what happened to your friend. Did she ask for a copy of the assessment report after the first meeting? This at least lets you see where they have not awarded points and their reasons, which in turn can make your mandatory reconsideration stronger, i'm sorry its going to tribunal, I was refused pip, whilst going through mandatory reconsideration stage, asked for copy of assessment and it turned out they hadnt added up my points correctly! I thought working for the DWP you should at least be able to count to ten?

• Posted

I am pleased that eventually yours was corrected quickly to avoid the distressing consequences that the wait can create, i hope it was in-line with what you expected

• Posted

Thank you, it wasnt corrected quickly, took 4 months, and that was after they acknowledged their mistake and my local MP Involved. I dont think my award is correct, but as many, after the tit bits they have thrown me, scared to question it as they can look at it again and question the whole decision again! I scraped by on one point for standard daily living. After going through all that I was scared to say anything. Its shocking to be made feel that way.

• Posted

As Denise has said the tribunal route is sadly a very slow one creating major problems for anyone involved waiting for the outcome, i want say try to stay calm as i know this is not always possible but maybe make an appointment to see her GP and ask for help dealing with it all.

I have just put in for my renewal and like everyone else I'm scared they will say no, this would leave me unable to leave the house without a taxi for my hydrotherapy session which helps with the pain, i do it every Friday and i truly recommend it for anyone with pain management problems.

I hope your friends tribunal comes through pretty quickly

• Posted

Sorry to say that Denise is correct in what she says. I am going through the process at the moment after my DLA to PIP Assessment. All I can add is to advise your friend to go through the Assessors reasons for denying PIP as they have a tendency to lie about what actually happened at the Assessment!

I wish her luck in her Tribunal

Dee

• Posted

Hi Dee yours is probably a harder assessment as its from DLA which is a completely different benefit to PIP meaning that you and many others fail to meet the PIP descriptors that you obviously know about.

I moved from DLA to PIP but only because of a major accident that forced me to change, its a difficult transition but i hope you get what your entitled to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.