PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I hope you have all had a brilliant Christmas and New Year and that 2019 will be just as good as you wish it to be which means it should be great.

In October last year I put my review forms in and today I received a text message saying that they had received the forms and were basically dealing with it, I have just spoken to them and they say that my paperwork has gone through to the assessment services department.

This is the new organisation that will be carrying out all future assessments.

This is the link for it, I will post it in a separate post to make sure if the moderation team put it on hold you will know what it is.

I am told it will take approximately 6 weeks before I hear from them to give me a date for the appointment.

l was also told that the chances are because I had a home visit last time I will probably have the same again ha ha I will not hold my breath.

So for future reference check their website out.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

It's independent assessment services, formally known as ATOS but changed their name. The time they tell you is just a guide, some wait longer and others not as long. It depends on backlog in your area. Fingers crossed you're not waiting too much longer. Good luck and let us know the outcome. x

• Posted

spoke to them and i can have home assessment if i want, they will let me know where i would be asked to go then i can decide.

How is 2019 going for you at the moment, have you heard from your claim yet or daughters x

• Posted

That's good, lets hope they stick to that home assessment.

I've not had the greatest start to the new year. Hope yours is ok so far?

Not heard anything about my daughters claim yet. Backlogs are most likely longer now because of Christmas and new year. Hopefully it won't be much longer but i'm not really thinking about it, i usually put it to the back of my mind, when possible. If i don't then the stress gets to me. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.