Pip

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi i get pip my son gets dla but needs to go over to pip but he doesn't wantto because he scared of the assessment i get carers still for him at the moment because i get carers will it affect my pipi get pip for mental health but my sons needs are different to mine

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Unfortunately, DLA no longer exists for those aged between 16-64. When your son is invited to apply for PIP if he choses not to apply then he doesn't have to but if he doesn't apply by the date stated in the letter his DLA will end. If this happens your carers allowance will also end.

Your carers allowance doesn't affect your PIP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.