Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've misplaced my brown return envelope to send my form back can anyone tell me if I can just use a normal one or will I need to get proper one thanks l

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

When dealing with the dwp my own advise would be to contact them and request a replacement envelope.

Do everything by the book.

Mike.

• Posted

Sending it back in a shop purchased brown envelope shouldn't be a problem problem so long as its got the right information on it so it's the same as the one they originally sent to you, especially if it leaves you rushing time wise to send it in if you have to wait for a replacement.

Photo copy all your paperwork and also I would suggest you send by recorded or registered post to at least guarantees it arrives at the designated address.

Good luck

• Posted

I agree with Alexandria, sending in a normal envelope will be absolutely fine. I usually send mine in a different envelope because the one they send is never big enough.

You just need to make sure you use the correct address because everyone is different and it depends where in the country you are.

No need to send recorded delivery, proof of posting is fine. Recorded delivery doesn't mean it's arrived at DWP, all it means is that someone from Royal mail has signed for it and this doesn't mean a thing. It's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer. All you need is proof that you actually posted it and this if completely free. Make sure you post it in plenty of time to arrive before the deadline.

• Posted

thank you guys I will get another one I have the proper address here thanks for your help.

• Posted

thank you guys I will get another one I have the proper address here thanks for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.