PIP

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been receiving PIP and was told it was for 2 years this is ending in January 2020 do i have to get in touch with them or do they contact me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Are you sure it's due to end in January 2020? Please take a look at your award letter to make sure that's the correct date and it's not 2021. Were you awarded by DWP or a Tribunal?

• Posted

No problem. You didn't answer my other question, are you sure the end date is January 2020? If it is then you should have been contacted by DWP 14 weeks before that end date and that has passed now.

You need to ring them today to ask them to send you more PIP2 forms. Once you receive them you'll need to fill out the forms with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Send evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. If you don't have enough time to return the form you can ring to request a further 14 days.

If that end date is 2020 then it's very unlikely that you'll receive a decision by that time. If this happens then your PIP will stop, which may affect any other benefits you maybe claiming. Once a decision's made, if you're awarded then you'll be backdated to the date it stopped.

The process is exactly the same as the first time you applied and a face to face assessment is most likely. Do make sure that you send the forms back within plenty of time because i've heard that DWP have huge backlogs with the mail.

• Posted

you should have received another form by now.I would get in touch with them.

• Posted

I have been in touch and he said I should have received it by now so if I have not heard from them or received the letter by end of December I have to phone them back

Thank you

• Posted

If your award ends in January 2020 then you need to ring them again and ask them to send you the PIP2 forms. Waiting until the end of December is ridiculous! You should have received a letter from DWP 14 weeks before the award ends.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.