Pip

Posted , 8 users are following.

Are pip doing assessments 6months or is it still yearly as my was for three years and due to reapply 27 march if yearly it runs out march 2021

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

6 months before it's due to end, unless you were awarded by a Tribunal and then it's 14 weeks before.

• Posted

I was told by DWP that you can be called for an assessment at anytime.

• Posted

Whilst that is very true, it rarely happens, unless they have a very good reason to reassess someone. This mainly applies to the work capability assessment. Reviews for PIP tend to take place 6 months before the award is due to end.

• Posted

Oh wow, really? I thought it was a year before too and have been getting really stressed about it as mine runs out in May 2021. That is really good news!

• Edited

Hi, pip is awarded for three years, assessments are done 6 months to a year before any current award runs out, i was awarded pip in november 2017 for three years had a reassessment on the 7th february 2020, so you could get a letter to reclaim at any time, good luck.

• Edited

Not everyone has a PIP award lasting 3 years. Reviews take place 6 months before the award is due to end, as previously advised. This changed about a year ago, as previously reviews took place 1 year before.

• Posted

mine was awarded by a tribunal in the beginning...my pip runs out in August 2020...I have just had a face to face interview at home last week....as I have 2 serve strokes 4 years ago....so yes they can get u re assessed before the due date..I'm just waiting now to see if I'm awarded it again...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.